One of YabaTech’s female hostel, Bakassi is currently on fire as Fire Fighters are battling to put it off.
The fire started at around 5:00am early this morning when the school put on the generator for general use this morning.
A student simply identified as Semilore spoke with one of our reporters this morning to give an account of how it started. He said he was coming from night class at around 5:05am when he noticed fire outbreak in one of the room in the first floor of the female hostel. He said the outbreak could be as a result of faulty connection, or hot plate or iron.
He quickly raised an alarm by shouting Bakassi is on fire, Bakassi is on fire till he get to the Fire service Department of the school. The men of the Fire Service Department mobilized quickly to the hostel, but on getting there the fire as expanded to the second floor. By this time, students have been evacuated out of the building.
Another student who doesn’t want to be named told Our Reporter that he can authoritatively confirm that two ladies are feared dead. They died as a result of stampede that occurred when students are trying to run out of the building.
The fire is also yet to be put out as men of the Fire Service Department of the college ran out of water. Men of Lagos Fire Service Department are on their way to the scene of the incident.