Here are Some Questions and Answers that you need to know about the Nigeria Federal Government “Mambilla Power Project” , check FAQ’s below.
1. When was final approval given for the Hydro Electric Power Project?
In August 2017, the Federal Executive Council (FEC) approved the award of the contract for the engineering, procurement and construction of the Mambila Hydro Electric Power Project.
2. How many Megawatts is the power plant?
The power plant is expected to be 3050 MW. This 3050MW project will be the biggest single power project in Nigeria.
3. How was the project revived, after decades of being stalled?
The major breakthrough in the execution of this project was achieved when President Muhammadu Buhari initiated discussions at the level of the President of the Peoples Republic of China, in the course of his State Visit in April, 2016.
4. Which companies have been awarded with the contract?
The project was awarded to a consortium of three Chinese Companies — CGCC, SINOHYDRO and CGCOC. Messrs CGCC-SINOHYDRO-CGOCC Joint Venture was formed to accomplish this landmark project.
5. How much does is the project expected to cost?
The landmark infrastructure project will cost Nigeria the sum of US 5,792,497,062.00, inclusive of taxes, environment utilization, works, as well as project land acquisition and compensation to workers.
6. How many people will be affected by this project?
About 100,000 people will be need to be resettled. The construction cost includes compensation for these people.