Here are 7 allegations against the acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibrahim Magu.
- Magu is currently occupying a residence rented for N40m at N20m per annum paid for by a questionable businessman
- The EFCC boss furnished the residence at the cost of N43m & the contract was awarded to company owned by same questionable man
3.Magu constantly embarked on official n private trips in company of corrupt folks who are currently being investigated.
- The EFCC boss flies first class or mosttimes private jets owned by the questionable businessman
- On 24 June, 2016, Magu flew Emirate airlines first-class to Saudi Arabia to perform lesser hajj at the cost of N2.9m. This is in spite of Mr President’s directive to all public servants to fly economy class.
- He allegedly transfers funds abroad through a third party.
- Magu is found guilty of action prejudicial to state security, withholding of EFCC files, sabotage n unauthorised removal of EFCC files.
All these allegedly contained in the DSS report that has repeatedly made the senate decline approving him as the Substantial EFCC principal.