Keeping yourself abreast of the news is more than just reading the news. It’s being involved with the news as it happens, feeling the news; living in the events. For 9News Nigeria, we bring you more than the daily news dosage, we bring you the breaking news as it happens, because in reality, without you there’s no news.
If you missed any of our major news during the week, here’s a recap for you.
MONDAY 25TH March
- “I’m A Product Of God’s Special Mercy, Protection” – Pastor Osinbajo
President Yemi Osinbajo on Sunday took a cursory look the year 2019 electioneering campaign journey and declared he emerged successful and unhurt because he is a “product of God’s special mercy and protection.
- 31 Cows Missing In Police Custody In Kaduna
A Fulani family in Kaban village in Igabi Local Government Area of Kaduna State have petitioned the state governor, Nasir El-Rufai, and the State commissioner of Police, Ahmad Abdurrahman, to help recover their cows that allegedly got missing while in police custody.
- N30,000 minimum wage: Full text of Buhari’s speech as he receives final report on implementation
President Muhammadu Buhari has received the final report on the implementation of the N30, 000 new minimum wage for Nigeria’s federal and state civil servants.
The report was presented to the President…
- Court Adjourns Zakzaky’s Trial Indefinitely
The trial of the leader of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria (IMN) also known as Shiites, Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky, has been adjourned indefinitely by the trial judge, Justice Gideon Kurada of the Kaduna State High Court.
- Ifeanyi Ubah Dumps YPP, Joins APC
Ifeanyi Ubah, senator who won the election Anambra south election on the platform of the Young Peoples’ Party (YPP) has dumped the party for the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).
This is coming four days after he denied…
TUESDAY 26TH March
- 2019 Presidency: Even Your Family Rejected You – BMO Mocks Atiku For Going To Court
The Buhari Media Organisation (BMO) has said Abubakar Atiku’s suit challenging the victory of President Muhammadu Buhari would fail because it lacks merit.
The group said this in a statement signed by its chairman,…
- INEC Declares Bala Mohammed Winner Of Bauchi Governorship Election
The Bauchi state gubernatorial candidate of the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP), Sen. Bala Mohammed has won the governorship election in the State.
Mohammed defeated incumbent Governor Muhammed Abubakar of the All Progressive Congress, (APC).
- I Know My Body Perfectly, Injury Can’t Hold Me Down – Says Ronaldo
Cristiano Ronaldo has stated that he knows his body perfectly and that he can’t be kept from playing in the Juventus game against Ajax due to an injury he picked up during an outing for his country Portugal against Serbia.
The injury will likely make…
- “All APC Members Are God-Fearing” – Amaechi
Rotimi Amaechi, Nigeria’s Minister of Transportation who spoke during a Channels TV interview, disclosed that all APC members are God-fearing.
According to the former Governor of Rivers State, one…
- University Of Nigeria Becomes First University To Adopt Renewable Energy
The University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) on Tuesday set the record of electricity generation by using organic waste to install 100KVA Refuse Drived Fuel (RDF) gasification plant for its Nsukka Campus.
Prof Benjamin Ozumba, UNN Vice-Chancellor, who expressed…
WEDNESDAY 27TH March
- Court Orders EFCC to Charge Lawyer, Ex-senator by March 28
The FCT High Court in Apo, Abuja yesterday ordered the Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) to charge an Abuja-based lawyer, Monday Ubani and a former senator, Christopher Enai to court or release them on bail on or before March, 28.
- Police Launch Manhunt for Abductors of Catholic Priest as CAN Tasks Govt on Insecurity
The police in Kaduna have launched a manhunt for the abductors of Rev. Fr. John Bako Shekwolo, the Parish Priest of St. Theresa Catholic Church, Ankwa Kachia Local Government Area of Kaduna State, by unknown gunmen.
- Nigerian Ex Beauty Queen Dies During Buttocks Enlargement Surgery In Lagos, Doctor On The Run (Photos)
The Face of Democracy Transformation, 2013 Winner, Onwuzuligbo Nneka Miriam has reportedly died after unsuccessful buttocks enlargement surgery in Lagos.
9news Nigeria gathered Nneka died on February 3rd after…
- Crisis Looms In APC As Ndume Kicks Over Endorsement Of Lawan For Senate Presidency
The battle of who becomes the president of the 9th Senate Assembly is threatening to cause a fresh crisis in the chambers of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).
Former Senate leader, Ali Ndume, who had…
- Court Sentences Killer Of Ex-Ondo Deputy Gov’s Daughter To Death (Photo)
An Ondo state High Court sitting in Akure has sentenced Seidu Adeyemi to die by hanging for killing Khadijat Oluboyo, daughter of former deputy governor of Ondo State.
Adeyemi was charged for killing…
- 3 Trillion: ‘Nigeria More Corrupt Now Than During My 5-Year Term’ – Jonathan
Following a statement attributed to the EFCC chairman Ibrahim Magu that between 2011 and 2015 32 entities looted N1.3trillion, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan – who was then Nigeria’s President has in a statement released by his former aide…
- Court to Resume $406.7m Oil Shipment Suit against Shell on June 6
A Federal High Court in Lagos will on June 6 resume trial in a suit filed by the federal government against Shell Western Supply & Trading Limited over alleged 406.7 million dollars deprivation in crude oil shipment.
- Nigerians Now Enjoying 24-hour Power Supply Under Buhari – Fashola
Minister of Power and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, has said that Nigerians are now enjoying constant power supply.
9news Nigeria gathered that Fashola, a former Lagos State Governor, said…
- Zone Deputy To SE Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu
As intrigues and counter-intrigues continue amongst members of the National Assembly over the sharing of positions in the coming ninth Assembly, the Senator-Elect for Abia North Senatorial District, Orji Uzor Kalu on Wednesday declared…
THURSDAY 28TH March
- “This Is The Same Man Who Wanted To Import Grass For Cows” – Reno Omokri Blasts Minister Of Agriculture
Former presidential aide, Reno Omokri reacts to Minister Of Agriculture, Audi Ogbeh saying Nigerians import pizza from London with their phones.
Reno says the Minister of agriculture has…
- Senator Lawan speaks on amending constitution to keep Buhari beyond 2023
Spokesman of the Senate, Senator Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi in a statement made available to newsmen on Wednesday, has described as fake the reports making the rounds of plans to amend the constitution to allow President Muhammadu Buhari stay in office beyond 2023…
- Court Revokes Nnamdi Kanu’s Bail, Orders DSS To Arrest Him Immediately
An Abuja Division of the Federal High Court has revoked the bail earlier granted to the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu.
The court presided over by a judge,…
- Senate Presidency: Igbos Have Themselves To Blame For Voting Atiku — APC
The ruling APC said it does not deserve any blame for not zoning the position of Senate President or Deputy Senate President to the South-East.
Rather it said the South-East…
- Buhari Signs N30,000 Minimum Wage, Reveals Implementation Date
President Muhammadu Buhari has finally signed the N30,000 national minimum wage proposed by organized labour into law.
The president signed the bill on…
FRIDAY 29TH March
- NBA chairman disgraced out of NEC meeting in Abuja
The National Executive Council (NEC) of the Nigerian Bar Association, NBA, has suspended the Chairman of its Ikorodu branch, Mr. Bayo Akinlade, over alleged insubordination.
The suspension was executed on Thursday at the…
- APC Might Field Tinubu Or Osinbajo In 2023 – Yakasai
Tanko Yakasai, elder statesman and political adviser in the second Republic, says the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) might field Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo or Bola Tinubu, a national leader of APC, in 2023.
- 9th NASS: APC May Regret Imposing Ahmed Lawan As Senate President – Group Says
Critics drawn from a coalition of civil society organisations under the auspices of Partners for Legislative Agenda for Nigeria (PLAN) has taken the All Progressives Congress to cleaners for insisting on Senator Ahmed Lawan as President of the Senate in the yet to be inaugurated ninth National Assembly.
- PDP Didn’t Complete One Major Infrastructure Project In 10 Years – Osinbajo Reveals
The Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, on Thursday declared that the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) failed to complete single major infrastructure project in 10 years.
He said this at the 11th Bola Tinubu Colloquium held…
- Tribunal Dismisses Onnoghen’s No-Case Submission
The Code of Conduct Tribunal has dismissed a no-case application brought by the suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria, Walter Onnoghen.
Mr Onnoghen had earlier on Friday dismissed…
- Innoson Takes Over GTBank Over N8.7 Billion Judgement Debt
The Chairman of Innoson Group, Chief Dr Innocent Chukwuma, OFR has through a Writ of FiFa taken over Guaranty Trust Bank PLC for and on behalf of Innoson Nigeria Ltd as a result of the Bank’s indebtedness to Innoson Nigeria Ltd.
SATURDAY 30TH March
- Why I Avoid Worshipping In National Mosque – Buhari
President Muhammadu Buhari has given reasons why he observes Juma’at prayers at the Presidential Villa, and not the National Mosque in Abuja.
He said he deliberately decided to be worshipping inside…
- INEC Gives Automatic Employment To Ex-NYSC Member Who Lost Sight While Serving (Photo)
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has announced the automatic employment of one Mr. Mr Daniel Oluwatobi, an Ex-NYSC Corps member who lost his sight while in serving.
A statement by the commission…
- CAN Leaders Will Regret Congratulating Buhari On His Re-election – Fani-Kayode Explodes
Former Minister, Femi Fani-Kayode has describe the congratulatory visit of the leaders of Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) to President Buhari on his re-election as a moment of shame and betrayal.
- “I’m Not A Nigerian Citizen & It Will Never Work” – Nnamdi Kanu Breaks Silence, Reveals Next Move
The leader of Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu has finally reacted to the order given by the court.
Recall that the federal high court in Abuja had…
- “Innoson’s Takeover Move” – GTBank Reacts
Guarantee Trust Bank says it is taking all necessary legal steps to ensure that no illegal or fraudulent execution is carried out by Innoson motors, with whom it has a long-drawn-out court case.
On Friday, Innoson Nigeria Limited had…