Another new week, another journey through the activities that make headlines across the news world. To keep you abreast of the news, we have compiled all the juicy headlines that made the rounds during the week. So if you missed any of our news details, here’s a recap of the week’s news just for you.
MONDAY 1ST APRIL
- KANO: Ganduje ready to face PDP in court
Kano state governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, who was re-elected in the just concluded supplementary polls in the state, has said he is ever ready to face the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) which vowed to challenge his victory in court.
- Troops Kill One-Eyed, Top Boko Haram Commander — Plus 15 Insurgents
The Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF) has neutralised a Boko Haram commander, Malloum Moussa and 15 of his foot soldiers during a clearance operation on Lake Chad Island.
According to a statement by Col. Timothy Antigha…
- I Can Cause Trouble For Nigeria If Provoked —Nnamdi Kanu
The leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, has asked the Federal Government not to provoke him, adding that he has the capacity to make the country ungovernable.
He described an alleged plan by the Federal Government to…
- We met Akpabio 20 times to stop his defection – Enoidem, PDP national legal adviser
Barr Emmanuel Enoidem is a founding member and the national legal adviser of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP. In this interview, he speaks extensively on issues of the general election at the state and national levels expressing optimism that his presidential candidate will win the case at the court.
- APC – We’ll Punish Those Responsible For Buhari’s Loss In Anambra
The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has set up a committee to investigate President Muhammadu Buhari’s loss in the February 23 presidential election in Anambra State.
According to the Punch Newspaper, the acting state chairman of the party…
- Liverpool back to the top, Huddersfield Town suffer heartbreak
By Emmanuel Ebimoh
After two weeks of international break in football leagues across the world, the adrenaline pumping excitement of the English Premier League came back as the battle for top spot, top four finish, and relegation survival rages on. During the weekend…
- What Gov Okorocha said about Certificate of Return after meeting with Buhari
Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State says he is confident that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) will issue a Certificate of Return to him as the Senator-elect for Imo West Senatorial District.
- I Will Do My Best For Nigerians In My 2nd Term – Buhari Assures
President Muhammadu Buhari has said he will surely put in his best Nigerians in his 2nd term in office.
The president made this known while speaking with the board of trustees and Advisory Council of Gidauniyar Jihar Katsina (Katsina State Development Fund) at the state house, Abuja, on Monday.
TUESDAY 2ND APRIL
- Cows Take Over The Gate of Presidential Villa (Photos)
Cows have allegedly took over the gate of Presidential Villa in Abuja.
According to Reno Omokri who shared the pictures, “this photo of cows taking over the gate of @AsoRock @NgrPresident Villa is a summary of what @MBuhari has done to Nigeria.
- Police Reveal Identities Of Kolade Johnson Suspected Killers
The Nigeria Police Force in a series of tweets on its official Twitter handle on Tuesday said it has apprehended suspected killers of Kolade Johnson.
Mr Kolade Johnson was shot dead by operatives of the Anti-Cultism Squad at…
- GTBank Clarifies ‘Fake’ News Regarding Innoson
Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) says it is taking all necessary legal steps to ensure that no illegal or fraudulent execution is carried out over its court case with Innoson Motors.
Recall that Innoson Nigeria Ltd. had…
- “Nigeria’s prosperity means a decent existence for all” – Prof Yemi Osinbajo
Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo has reiterated that the prosperity of Nigeria means that no one deserves to be poor in the country.
Speaking in a lecture at the 50th Convocation ceremony of the University of Lagos, the alumnus of the university and former lecturer in the faculty of Law…
- Court Nullifies Adeleke’s Nomination For Osun Guber Polls Over Certificate Forgery
Justice Oathman Musa of an Abuja High Court sitting in Bwari Area Council of Abuja on Tuesday Nullified the nomination of Senator Ademola Adeleke as candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), in the September 2018 Governorship Election in Osun State.
WEDNESDAY 3RD APRIL
- Army Declares Sambisa Forest Global Tourist Centre
The Nigerian Army has declared Sambisa Forest, stronghold of Boko Haram terrorists, before the military captured it on December 24, 2016 as a global ecosystem tourist centre to generate revenue.
It covers about 600,000 square kilometres…
- Names Of The 5 Nigerians In The Dubai Robbery As Abike Dabiri Reacts
Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora has condemned the act of five Nigerians arrested for alleged robbery of Dh 2.3 million Dinars in Sharjah Area of Dubai, UAE.
The five suspects who were on visitors visas to Dubai are…
- Onnoghen ‘Didn’t Declare His Assets’ For 27 Years As A Judicial Officer – EFCC
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has accused Walter Onnoghen, the suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), of refusing to declare his assets upon his appointment as a judicial officer in 1989.
- INEC Declares Wike Winner Of Rivers State Governorship Race
Nyesom Wike has been declared by INEC as the winner of the Rivers Governorship Election.
Wike who ran under the umbrella of the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP), polled 886,264 votes to win the polls.
- Tramadol: 3 FUTO Students Die During Hot Sex Romp With 1 Female Student
It was tragedy at Sunshine Lodge, Ihiagwa, one of the satellite communities close to the Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO), Imo State on Tuesday night. Three students collapsed and died while taking turns to have sex with a co-student after allegedly taking a mixture of tramadol, codeine and vodka.
THURSDAY 4TH APRIL
- Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram Members In Gombe State
The Nigerian Army on Wednesday graduated 152 ex-insurgents undergoing 12 months de-radicalisation training in Gombe State, Native Reporters learnt.
Martins said the programme…
- Winners Pastor In Sex Scandal, Defiled Young Girl, Introduced Her To Condoms, Alcohol
A 17-year old girl has accused a pastor of introducing her to alcohol and repeatedly having sex with her even in her father’s house.
Speaking in tears, the victim whose name was withheld by the police, revealed that the resident Pastor of the Amagba branch of the Living Faith Church a.k.a Winners Chapel, Pastor Kingsley Emeka Mokwunye,…
- We’ll Reclaim Our Stolen Mandate – Rivers AAC Gov Candidate
Biokpomabo Awara, governorship candidate of the African Action Congress (AAC) in Rivers State, says his party will reclaim the “stolen mandate”, referring to his loss in the election.
He alleged gross irregularities in the resumed collation of the state governorship election…
- Memo To Mrs Abike Dabiri-Erewa
By Peter Ekekwe
Dear Mrs Abike Dabiri-Erewa,
Mine is not a very long letter. Just to commend you for the “passion” that you bring to your work.
I believe, like you, that when we…
FRIDAY 5TH APRIL
- Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter’s Wedding, Not Bribe
Walter Onnoghen, the suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), says some money paid into his account sometime in 2015 were gifts for his daughter’s wedding, and not bribe as alleged by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
- APC Hires Four Sans To Challenge PDPs Victory In Bauchi
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has assembled four Senior Advocates of Nigeria (SAN) to challenge the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in court over its victory in the just concluded…
- Fulani Herdsman Cuts Off Woman’s Four Fingers In Abia – Ohanaeze Secretary
Report reaching 9News Nigeria has it that suspected Fulani Herdsman has cut off the four fingers of a hapless woman in Abia State.
According to Mazi Chuks Ibegbu, the Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the apex Igbo socio-cultural organization, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, who made…
- Onnoghen Reportedly Resigns
A day after the National Judicial Council (NJC) recommended that he be compulsorily retired for misconduct, Walter Onnoghen has reportedly resigned as the chief justice of Nigeria with immediate effect.
- Election Fraud: Opposition Tells Court To Arrest, Prosecute Okorocha
Mr. Kingdom Okere, counsel to Precious Nwadike, of the United Progressives Party, (UPP) said his client is seeking the arrest, investigation and prosecution of Imo Governor, Rochas Okorocha, for alleged electoral malpractice.
- Kano Senator Vows To Takeover Ekweremadu’s Job In Senate
The senator representing Kano South Senatorial District in the National Assembly, Kabiru Gaya, has vowed to takeover Senator Ike Ekeweremadu’s office as deputy president of the ninth Senate.
Gaya, a fourth-term ranking senator and member…
- Gunmen kill church bursar, cart away cash in Ondo
A bursary of the Akure Anglican Church Diocese in Ondo State, Mr. Gabriel Abiodun, has been shot dead by suspected gunmen.
Abiodun was killed by the gunmen, who were said to have followed him after leaving the banking premises of one of the new generation…
SATURDAY 6TH APRIL
- Actor, Mr Ibu, down with stroke
Nollywood actor, John Okafor, famously known as Mr Ibu is down with severe stroke, e-NIGERIA can report authoritatively.
The Nkanu, Enugu-born actor who is loved for his comics in movies and stand-up comedy, according to a close family source, was hit by a mysterious stroke shortly…
- South Should Forget 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed
Second Republic member of House of Representatives, Dr. Junaid Mohammed, has said that the north will present a candidate for 2023 presidential election, stressing that zoning and rotation of power have collapsed.
- “No State In Nigeria Is Controlled By Boko Haram” – Says President Buhari
President Muhammadu Buhari has said that no territory in Nigeria is controlled by the Boko Haram terrorist group.
The President stated this on Friday at the World Economic Forum on the Middle East and North Africa.
- FUTO Sex Tragedy: “We Recovered Male Victim On Top Of Female Colleague” – Hostel Mates Reveal More Shocking Details
Students of the Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State, who live at Sunshine Castle Hostel, Ihiagwa, on Friday revealed that one of the three students, who died after allegedly engaging in a group sex fuelled by an overdose of Tramadol and Indian hemp…
- Onnoghen Resigned To Avoid Being Dismissed – Prof. Itse Sagay
Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC) on Friday said he is not impressed by the resignation of Walter Onnoghen, former Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN) as it came too late.