From Princely Onyenwe
Abuja residents have reacted over the 13 point riot act declared by the FCT Minister and former governor of Rivers state, Nyesome Wike few hours ago, saying it is too fast to shake residents with such release.
The newly sworn-in Minister of the Federal Capital Territory ( (FCT), Nyesome Wike, made public his 13 point riot act to residents of Abuja Monday.
The immediate-past Governor of Rivers State, who resumed on Monday wasted no time in settling into his new assignment by vowing to return the FCT to its original master plan.
His declaration are as follow:
- SECURITY WILL BE GIVEN TOP PRIORITY.
- THOSE DISTORTING THE MASTER PLAN WILL BE DEALT WITH
- LAND SPECULATORS ARE IN FOR A HARD TIME
- THOSE WITH GOVT ALLOCATION AND YET TO DEVELOP WILL LOSE THEIR PROPERTIES
- UNCOMPLETED BUILDINGS THAT HAVE BECOME SHANTIES FOR CRIMINALS WILL BE TAKEN OVER BY GOVT.
- REARING OF COWS INSIDE THE CITY WILL STOP.
- ALL GREEN AREAS WILL BE RESTORED.
- WASTE DISPOSAL AND SANITATION WILL BE GIVEN TOP PRIORITY.
- MOTORCYCLES AND KEKE NAPEP OPERATION TO BE REVIEWED.
- REACTIVATION OF URBAN MASS TRANSPORT SYSTEM.
- NO MORE ABANDONED PROJECT.
- HE WILL BE A “FIELD OFFICER” MINISTER AND WILL BE DIRECTLY INVOLVED IN PROJECT INSPECTION AND SUPERVISION.
- RESTORATION OF STREETLIGHTS IN ABUJA IMMEDIATELY.
It is a good thing to hit the ground running with such Wike’s riot act targeted at reclaiming the Federal capital territory to it’s world-class beauty and standard.
Stakeholders have commended his efforts while calling on other state governors and ministers to take same action to improve their areas.
9News Nigeria (Owerri) For inquiries on this news contact 9News Nigeria Imo State @08036856526