COMMUNIQUE ISSUED AT THE END OF THE MEETING OF YOUNG LEADERS OF THE SOUTHEAST, NIGERIA, AT THE HOTEL RESORT, PLOT 108, AZU-OGBUNIKE STREET, INDEPENDENCE LAYOUT, ENUGU ON FRIDAY JULY 7, 2017.
“THE YOUNG LEADERS OF THE SOUTHEAST(IGBO EXTRACTION) PASS VOTE OF CONFIDENCE ON THE DEPUTY SENATE PRESIDENT/SOUTHEAST GOVERNORS & ADOPT THEIR POSITION ON THE STATE OF THE NATION.”
Whereas Young Leaders of the Southeast(IGBO extraction) informed and worried by the political bickering, hate speeches, the call for secession, the quit notice to Igbos by Arewa Youths, the need for restructuring and the urgent need to take steps to stem the spate or tide of the drift to political oblivion occasioned by these issues, the Leaders of the various Igbo youth groups , in today’s meeting held on friday, July 7, 2017 At THE Hotel resort. Plot 108 Azu-Ogbunike Street Independence Layout Enugu, resolved as follows:
1. That we are in total approval of all the steps taken so far by the political Leaders of the Southeast viz:
i. DISTINGUISHED SEN. IKE EKWEREMADU
ii. Southeast Governors
iii. Ohaneze Ndigbo leadership
2. That our people who can no longer bear the pain of marginalization & exclusion of Ndigbo from the running of Nigeria hence the agitation for secession.
3. That theres need to constitute a delegation to discuss with our brother, Nnamdi Kanu & members of IPOB on the need to embrace harmony and align with the position of the leadership of Igbo Land
4. That we condemn vehemently the unguided utterances coming from the Arewa Youths. Especially the quit notice given to Igbos to vacate the North come october 2017 & other hate speeches capable of throwing Nigeria into a very serious crisis.
5. That we adopt all the resolutions of the Southeast political Leaders in their last meeting held on sunday 02/07/17
6. That Federal Government of Nigeria must be extremely proactive at ensuring that the life or property of all Igbos living anywhere are safe and protected after October 1, 2017 as the loss of a single life or property owing to the threat of Arewa Youth would leave us with no option than to abandon this peaceful approach or our believe in the Nigerian experiment.
In the light of the forgoing observations, we the Leaders of Various Youth groups in the Southeast, present here today, wish to state as follows:
a) That we are in total support of all the positions canvassed by Sen. Ike Ekweremadu, Southeast Governors & the Leadership of OHANEZE NDIGBO.
b) That if the Government of Nigeria want we the loyal and patriotic youth of the Southeast desirous of amicably ending all forms of disunity, they must charge all relevant security agencies to make sure that no single Igbo life is lost anywhere in the north on account of Religion or Ethnicity
c) That we, the Leaders of various Youth groups in the SouthEast unequivocally hereby pass A VOTE OF CONFIDENCE ON the Deputy Senate President, Southeast Governors & Ohaneze Ndigbo Leadership led by Cheif Nnia Nwodo
d) That urgent steps be taken by the Federal Government to restructure Nigeria and make all components unit have a feel that justice, equity & fairness is served.
e) That we enjoin all Southeast Youth to conduct themselves properly in a manner that inspire peace, wisdom, responsibility and respect for the Law & order.
1. Hon. Obinna Adibe (Ohaneze Ndigbo)
2. Dr. Chima Anyaso(NYPF Southeast)
3. Hon Chima Obieze (Nigeria Youth Legislators Southeast)
4. Comr. Mark Onuoha(National Youth Assembly of Nigeria)
4. Barr. Henry Okeke(Igbo Youth Congress)
5. Ogbonnia Wencelaus Nnaemka(Igbo Youth Parliament)
6.Ani Anselem Arinze (Oganiru Ndigbo forum)
7. Oyekezie Okechukwu (Mbara Igbo youths)
8. Okonkwo Izuchukwu (Enugu State Youth Coalition)
9. Comr. Kingsley Okoye (Anambra Students Association)
10. Comr. Paul Ibe (Umuntolobia Imo)
11. Comr. Kalu Ndu Kalu(Abia State Youth Forum)
12. Evangelist Jude Nwachukwu(Ebonyi State Youth parliament)
13. COMR ONYEDIKA AGBO (YOUTHWING AFRICA)
14. Ndum Onyekachi(Southeast Students Leaders forum)
15. Ngozi Eche (unique Ladies for greater Igboland)
16. Mr Uche Chidiobu (Igbo hope group)
17. Ngige Johnson Ikechukwu(Anambra Young Traders)
18. Anyanwu Gerald Chuks(Imo Youth development Initiative)
19. ENO OBASI (Vice President, Southeast Youth wing)
20. Ilogebe Chidiebere(NANS chairman, Enugu State)