By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sunday, Aug 23, 2026
9News Nigeria
  • HOME
  • EDITORIAL
  • POLITICS
  • NATIONAL
  • SPORTS
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • PRIVACY POLICY
9News Nigeria9News Nigeria
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Editorial
    • OPINION
  • Politics
  • National
    • Breaking News
    • Boko Haram
    • Crime and Investigation
    • Ohanaeze Ndigbo
  • Business
    • Nigerian economy
    • Investment
    • Finance
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • Entertainment and lifestyle
    • Hollywood
  • World
    • Africa
    • Asia News
    • Australia
    • Europe
  • About Us
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms And Conditions
    • Contact Us
Follow US
Breaking NewsNationalPolitics

BREAKING!!!! SGF Akume Cries Out, Says Voice Has Been Cloned

Wisdom Nwedene
Last updated: August 7, 2025 6:43 pm
By Wisdom Nwedene
Share
3 Min Read
FB IMG 1740422362577
SGF-Akume
SHARE

The Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Senator George Akume, has raised alarm over a scam in which criminal syndicates have allegedly cloned his voice and impersonated his office to defraud unsuspecting Nigerians, particularly those seeking federal appointments.

Akume gave out the disclaimer in a statement issued on Thursday by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Yomi Odunuga.

FB IMG 1740422362577
SGF-Akume

The SGF warned that the syndicate has been contacting prominent individuals, claiming they had been selected for federal government appointments, and demanding large sums of money to process their nominations.

“From information available to the office, the fraudsters cloned the voice of the SGF, using it to solicit money in return for federal appointments,” the statement read.

Akume also revealed that the scammers were not only impersonating him but were also using cloned phone numbers of other high-profile individuals to lend credibility to their fraudulent schemes.

“They have also cloned the phone numbers of high-profile individuals to solicit funds from unsuspecting members of the public,” he added.

APC Chairman Okpe Takes Delivery of Owerri West Campaign Bus
APC 2027: Uzodinma, Okorocha, Ekwunife Get Key Roles
I will not take Salary or Allowance — Minister’s Son Osborn Umahi Wins Council Election
Troops rescue Victim, Foil Terrorist Attacks in Kaduna, Sokoto

According to Odunuga, the fraudsters typically send messages promising government appointments, followed by requests for payments ranging from ₦5 million to ₦15 million. Victims are further instructed to send their curriculum vitae to fake email addresses and deposit funds into bank accounts linked to both traditional banks and fintech mobile platforms.

“The warning becomes necessary as the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation has been inundated with enquiries relating to the activities of these fraudulent individuals and groups,” the SGF noted.

Senator Akume said that all federal appointments are handled through transparent and verifiable processes and urged the public not to make any financial commitments in anticipation of such positions.

“Senator Akume emphasised that the appointment processes for Nigerians into boards and parastatals are transparent and verifiable, urging individuals not to pay any money in expectation of securing a position,” the statement reiterated.

The SGF confirmed that relevant security agencies have been alerted and are investigating the matter.

“While the relevant security agencies have been briefed on the matter, the Office of the SGF strongly advises Nigerians to report the activities of these fraudulent people to the authorities while taking all precautionary steps necessary to avoid being victims of the scammers,” the statement said.

Like this:

Like Loading…
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Copy Link
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Surprise0
Angry0
Previous Article 1001781498 President Tinubu Makes Another Juicy Appointment (See List)
Next Article Dr Goodluck Eble Jonathan Goodluck Jonathan Agrees to Run for 2027 Presidency
Search
– Advertisement –
Latest News
  • APC Chairman Okpe Takes Delivery of Owerri West Campaign Bus August 22, 2026
  • Uzodinma Unveils Campaign Buses, Targets 100% APC Victory in Imo August 22, 2026
  • MacDonald Congratulates Uzodinma on Tinubu Campaign Appointment August 22, 2026
  • APC 2027: Uzodinma, Okorocha, Ekwunife Get Key Roles August 22, 2026
  • I won’t risk losing Rivers, FCT for APC Campaign DG job – Wike August 22, 2026
  • I will not take Salary or Allowance — Minister’s Son Osborn Umahi Wins Council Election August 22, 2026
  • Gunmen Attack Rivers Monarch, Allege Assassination Attempt on Amadabo of Finima August 22, 2026
  • Troops rescue Victim, Foil Terrorist Attacks in Kaduna, Sokoto August 22, 2026
  • Germany commits N16bn as Borno launches new N99bn UN peacebuilding fund for 2 years August 22, 2026
  • Borno shifts from aid to investment as Zulum pitches state as North-East economic hub August 22, 2026
– Advertisement –
9News Nigeria
  • Editorial
  • OPINION
  • Inspiration
  • Investigative Reports
  • Featured
  • Interviews
  • About Us
  • Terms And Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
World News
  • Africa
  • African Politics
  • Aviation News
  • Australia
  • Global Economy
  • Europe
  • Global Economy
  • Asia News
  • Middle East
  • World
  • World Politics
  • USA
  • USA Politics
News Categories
  • Breaking News
  • National
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Crime and Investigation
  • Nigeria Police
  • Nigerian Military
  • Biafra
  • ODUDUWA
  • Ohanaeze
  • Boko Haram
  • National Assembly
  • National History
  • Sober House
  • National Security
Entertainment and Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
  • Entertainment and lifestyle
  • Nollywood
  • Lifestyle
  • Hollywood
  • Celebrity
  • Celebrity Gist
  • Celebrity Gossip
  • Events
  • Family & Relationships
  • Relationship Extra
  • Relationships

You May also Like

Screenshot 20260821 165510 1
Latest NewsNational

Okpebholo denies banning Davido from entering Edo

August 21, 2026
1779888342000 6
NationalNational Issues

Fake Agency: Tinubu Orders arrest of Nwabueze, suspends 3 Permanent Secretaries

August 21, 2026
IMG 5618
KwaraNational

Senator Saliu Mustapha Resigns from APC

August 21, 2026
Screenshot 20260821 173223 1
Latest NewsNational

Gov. Okpebholo’s aide bans Davido from performing in Edo

August 21, 2026
Screenshot 20260821 164834 1
Breaking News

FBI Warns Release of Tinubu’s Drugs Deals Records Could Put Lives at Risk

August 21, 2026
Screenshot 20260821 151410 1
NationalLatest News

FG declares Tuesday public holiday for Eid ul Mawlid

August 21, 2026
Show More
  • More News:
  • Europe News
  • National News
  • Politics
  • 9News Nigeria - Nigeria Breaking News
  • Nigeria Politics
  • Sports
  • Imo state
  • Opinion
  • National Security
  • Events
  • Editorial
  • Inspiration
  • Trending news
  • Bible Messages
  • Religion
  • Jesus Christ the saviour
  • World News
  • The Love of God
  • Crime and Investigation
  • Business

9NEWS NIGERIA

  • Editorial
  • Opinion
  • Inspiration
  • Investigative Reports
  • Featured
  • Interviews
  • About Us
  • Terms And Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

NEWS CATEGORIES

  • Breaking News
  • National
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Crime and Investigation
  • Nigeria Police
  • Nigerian Military
  • Biafra
  • ODUDUWA
  • Ohanaeze
  • Boko Haram
  • National Assembly
  • National History
  • National Security

WORLD NEWS

  • Africa
  • African Politics
  • Aviation News
  • Australia
  • Global Economy
  • Europe
  • Asia News
  • Middle East
  • World
  • World Politics
  • USA
  • USA Politics

ENTERTAINMENT AND LIFESTYLE

  • Entertainment
  • Entertainment and lifestyle
  • Nollywood
  • Lifestyle
  • Hollywood
  • Celebrity
  • Celebrity Gist
  • Celebrity Gossip
  • Events
  • Family & Relationships
  • Relationship Extra
  • Relationships
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?

%d