After Police Media Briefing in readiness for September 19th 2020 Edo state governorship election, Nigerian Police has issued 9 strict guidelines for all citizens in Edo state to adhere to on the election day, in order to ensure peaceful conduct of the electoral process.
The guidelines are as follows:
EDO SEPTEMBER 19 GUBER ELECTIONS
Guidelines for all citizens on Election day.
- No one is allowed to wear any cloth or emblem or colour signifying any political party to the polling units.
- No person is allowed to move around with security details around the polling units.
- Everyone is enjoined to vote and return their respective houses or remain peacefully within approved perimeters of the polling centres.
- No one allowed to move around from one polling unit to another as there shall be restriction of movements on the day of the elections.
- Only INEC accredited Monitors / observers are allowed to move around for the purpose of election monitoring, and they must all wear their INEC accreditation tags.
- Only accredited journalists are allowed to cover the election. All such journalists must carry their accreditation tags.
- Praise singing, drumming and dancing around the vicinity of polling unit are not allowed.
- Vehicles branded in any political party colour and emblems are not allowed to be deployed on any election assignment.
- Selling of alcohol beverages around the polling booth and collation centres is totally bannned.
For any Emergency or Useful Information
Reach out to the Edo Election Security Joint Operation Control Room via these dedicated phone Numbers – Calls only
MESSAGE FROM THE FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS DEPARTMENT
Obinna Ejianya @obinna_ejianya