Elders under the aegis of Traditional Rulers of Ezza Ezekuna, on Wednesday, withdrew all the privileges enjoyed by former Secretary to Ebonyi State, Professor Bernard Odoh as an EZZA man.
The Elders in a communique made available to 9News Nigeria said that the people of Ezza Nation appreciate very deeply the monumental achievements of “God given Governor His Excellency Engr. Apostle David Nweze Umahi in all spheres of human endeavours.”
The Elders further condemned in its entirety the unwarranted attack on Governor by the former Secretary to the State Government, Prof. Benard Odoh.
Recall that Prof. Benard Odoh had accused Governor Umahi of suffering from whimsical amnesia after a panel of inquiry was set up to probe the two billion naira Agric Loan which he (Odoh) supervised while he was in office.
The communique reads ;
Traditional Rulers of Ezza Ezekuna extraction have risen from their one day extra ordinary meeting with the following far reaching resolutions
- That the people of Ezza Nation appreciate very deeply the monumental achievements of our God given Governor His Excellency Engr. Apostle David Nweze Umahi in all spheres of human endeavours.
- That the entire people of Ezza Nation will not forget in a hurry the development strides of the governor in Ezza land which includes but not limited to construction of An international Cargo Airport, construction of Onueke urban roads, and other roads in Ezza land
- That Ezza people appreciate the appointment of of our illustrious sons and daughters into positions of trust as Secretary to Ebonyi State Government, commissioners, Special Assistants, chairmen and members of Boards and commissions, caretaker chairmen, Coordinators of development centres among others.
- That we condenm in its entirety the unwarranted attack on our Governor by the former Secretary to the State Government, Prof. Benard Odo.
- That attitude of Prof. Odo doesn’t not represent the character of a true Ezza man because it is a shameful display of ingratitude and betrayal
- That efforts of Ezza elders to call him to other have failed because of his peculiar character of disregard for elders and constituted authorities and therefor does not have the mandate of right thinking Ezza man
- That Ezza sons and daughters should disregard ignominious attitude of the former SSG who in the first instance resigned his appointment without recourse to his people whose mandate he held for three years.
- That Ezza Traditional Rulers are unanimous in their resolve to continue to lend their support to the present administration in the state.
- That Ezza Nation once again appreciate the efforts of the Governor at containing the spread of covid 19 in the state.
10.That Governor should not be distracted by the activities of few disgruntled elements who stock in trade is to peddle falsehood to distablize the existing Peace in the state
11 That henceforth all previleges been enjoyed by Odo as an EZZA Man is hereby withdrawn.