
The Governor of Ondo State, Lucky Aiyedatiwa has approved the employment of 1,010 new teachers for secondary schools in the state.
This is contained in a statement made available to newsmen on Monday in Akure by his Chief Press Secretary, Ebenezer Adeniyan.
According to the statement, the approval came after the completion of the recruitment process by the Teaching Service Commission, TESCOM, which screened thousands of applicants last year.
9News Nigeria reports that Aiyedatiwa had given approval for the recruitment of 1000 secondary school and 1000 primary school teachers since 2024.
The statement said that the list of successful candidates would be made available online on Monday and also displayed at TESCOM headquarters and zonal offices across the state, from Tuesday.
“The successful candidates are to begin their documentation immediately.“The final list for the secondary school candidates was approved by the governor on Friday, while that of the primary school candidates is undergoing its finishing touches,” it said.
The statement also said Aiyedatiwa had expressed concern over the shortage of teaching staff in public schools, particularly in rural communities.
It noted that the recruitment of teachers in both primary and secondary schools was one of the efforts of the current administration in revamping the education sector in the state.