“Democracy is all about the rule of law, a Government of the people, by the people and for the people”. Upon the principles of Democracy, I stand knowing that in it the majority will have their way but the minority must have their say.
It is worthwhile and politically expedient that I remind all and sundry, the readers and the doubting Thomases of the underlisted facts that speak for themselves which as far as am concerned are;
“THE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH CONCERNING THE LEGAL STATUS OF HON. KENNETH GINIKANWA ENEMUO’S EMERGENCE AS THE EXTANT STATE CHAIRMAN OF PEOPLES DEMOCRATIC PARTY(PDP), ANAMBRA STATE CHAPTER”.
- Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Anambra State Chapter’s Ward Congresses were conducted on the 25th November, 2017.
- Local Government Areas Congresses were conducted on the 1st December, 2017
- The State Congress was conducted on the 4th December, 2017
- The above 3 Congresses were conducted by the National Caretaker Committee (NCC) of PDP as then the organ of PDP in charge of conduct and ratification of Congresses of PDP at all level.
- The former National Caretaker Committee (NCC) of PDP at its 449th Meeting held on the 7th and 8th December, 2017 considered, adopted and approved the said Wards, Local Government Areas and State Congresses conducted on the 25th November, 2017, 1st December, 2017 and 4th December, 2017 respectively.
- The PDP NWC was elected on the 9th December, 2017.
- On the 19th December, 2017, PDP with impunity purportedly announced that it has set up a Caretaker Committee to take over the administration of PDP, Anambra State Chapter with Sir Chukwudi Umeaba as the purported Chairman.
- Sir Chukwudi Umeaba was directed by PDP to take over the running of the affairs of the PDP in Anambra State from the elected State Working Committee under the Chairmanship of Chief Ndubuisi Nwobu the State Chairman of PDP elected on the 4th December.2017.
- On the 20th December, 2017 the elected State Vice Chairman South/Chairman South Senatorial District Executive Committee Marcel Jachin Anyiam dragged PDP to court over the said purported Caretaker Committee purportedly set up by PDP at FCT High Court, Abuja in SUIT NO: FCT/ CV/0497 BETWEEN MARCEL JACHIN ANYIAM -V- PEOPLE’S DEMOCRATIC PARTY (PDP), SIR CHUKWUDI UMEABA & OTHERS.
- The FCT High Court on the 24th May, 2018 delivered judgment in favour of Marcel Jachin Anyiam nullifying the said purported Sir Chukwudi Umeaba led Caretaker Committee illegally set up by PDP
- The court further held that the tenure of State Executive Committee of PDP, Anambra State Chapter validly elected on the 4th December, 2017 is unexhausted and still subsisting till 3rd November, 2021and restrained PDP from setting up any type of Caretaker Committee or whatsoever it may be called to truncate the subsisting tenure of the duly elected State Executive Committee of Anambra State Chapter of PDP
- Notwithstanding the said judgment of 24th May, 201, PDP on the 6th September, 2018 in flagrant disobedience to the said subsisting final judgment purportedly set up another Caretaker Committee for Anambra State Chapter of the Party and made Chief Ndubuisi Nwobu the Chairman of the second purported Caretaker Committee while his elected tenure as the elected State Chairman was still subsisting with Sir Chukwudi Umeaba whose Caretaker Committee was nullified by the court in the said judgment of 24th May,2018 as Ndubuisi Nwobu’s Deputy.
- It should be recalled that 4 elected Officers of State Executive Committee were also made Members of the said second purported Caretaker Committee led by Ndubuisi Nwobu, the Officers are, Okey Asolo the erstwhile elected State Deputy Chairman, Engr. Ejike Mgbemena the erstwhile State Treasurer, Okey Okpala the erstwhile State Financial Secretary and John Nwakobi the erstwhile State Assistant Financial Secretary.
- On the 8th September, 2018 the said second purported Caretaker Committee Chairman (Ndubuisi Nwobu) and the Deputy Chairman (Chukwudi Umeaba) and other Members of the said Caretaker Committee were inaugurated by the National Vice Chairman South East at Enugu.
- After the said purported inauguration, Ndubuisi Nwobu and other elected Officers who are now Chairman and Members of the said Caretaker Committee stopped to attend the meetings of the elected State Executive Committee of PDP, Anambra State Chapter, therefore created vacancies in their former elected positions.
- With Ndubuisi Nwobu’s and Okey Asolo’s purported appointments and inauguration into the illegitimate Caretaker Committee, the elected State Executive was left without a Chairman and a Deputy Chairman.
- The remaining elected State Officers and other persons who are by the PDP Constitution are members of the State Executive Committee armed with the said subsisting final judgment that nullified the first Caretaker Committee led by Sir Chukwudi Umeaba and restrained PDP from setting up any type of Caretaker Committee for Anambra State Chapter of the Party pending when the tenure of the elected State Executive Committee will elapse in its meeting of 31st October, 2018 in strict compliance with Section 47(6) of PDP Constitution 2o17 as amended appointed Hon. Kenneth Ginikanwa Enenmuo who hails from the same Awka North and Awka South Federal Constituency and same Central Senatorial District of Anambra State with the former State Chairman Ndubuisi Nwobu to fill the vacancy that occurred as a result of Ndubuisi Nwobu’s abdication of his elected office.
- In view of the foregoing, the State Executive Committee of PDP, Anambra State Chapter acted in accordance with the PDP Constitution and therefore Hon. Kenneth Ginikanwa Enenmuo’s appointment is valid and subsisting. With the above clearly stated incontrovertible facts.
The question now is where has Hon. Kenneth Ginikanwa Enenmuo erred?
It is worthwhile to remind all who may have forgotten that Hon. Enenmuo has his political chronicles among others as;
1986 – 1987: Secretary, Nigerian Sociological and Anthropological Students Association, University of Port Harcourt.
1992 – 1998: Secretary, Mgbakwu New Breeze Association, Lagos.
1994: Secretary, Constitution Drafting Committee, Stationery Dealers Association of Nigeria, Lagos.
1994 – 2001: Secretary, Mgbakwu Rural Electrification Committee
1998: General Legal Counsel, Ikoyi Junior Chamber
1997 – 1998: Member, Police Community Relations Committee, Lion Buildings Police Station, Lagos.
Member, Board of Trustees, Mgbakwu New Breeze Association.
Member, Board of Directors, Ikoyi Junior Chamber, Lagos.
May 1999 – March 2002
Member, Anambra State House of Assembly
June 1999 – July 1999
Deputy Speaker Anambra State House of Assembly Chairman, House Committee on Ethics and Privileges
- Member House Committees on:
- Finance and Appropriation
- Public Petitions
- Women Affairs
- Lands and Urban Planning
- Housing and Environment
- Contract Review
- Staff Matters
Mar., 2002-Feb., 2003:
Hon. Commissioner for Lands, Survey and Urban Planning Anambra State
4TH – 5TH March, 2003:
Hon. Commissioner for Commerce and Industry
6TH June 2006 – 10TH August, 2006:
Secretary, ANPP Seven-Man Caretaker Committee, Anambra State
Member, ANPP State Congress Electoral Panel for Lagos State
Vice-chairman, Central Senatorial Zone ANPP, Anambra State
Chairman Publicity, Local Organizing Committee South East Zonal Rally of ANPP.
9th November, 2006:
Secretary, Security, Medical and Works Committee South East Zonal Rally and Reception of National Chairman ANPP.
ANPP Candidate, Awka North and South Federal Constituency for the Federal House of Representative 2007 Elections
Chairman, Ikukuoma Campaign Organization Awka North L. G. A (Prince Nicholas Ukachukwu for Governor, Anambra State) 2009 – JAN. 2010.
Director General, Kpakpando Campaign Organization (Chief Mrs. Christy N. Okoye for Senate, Anambra Central Senatorial Zone), 2010
Director of Campaign, Ogugua Okoye Campaign Organization (Engr. Chief. Mickie Nnamdi Ogugua Okoye, PDP Senatorial Candidate for Anambra Central, 2011
Director, Oseloka Henry Obaze campaign organization (OHO). 2017
Member, Governing board, Anambra State College of Agriculture, Mgbakwu, Anambra State – 20th May 2015 – 9th Sept. 2019
Action plan Committee of Governing Council, Anambra State College of Education.
High Profile Member, Hon. Mrs. Uche Ekwunife for Senate Campaign Organization, Anambra Central Senatorial District, Anambra state – 2015
High profile Member, rt, Hon. Anayo Nnebe for house of Representative, Awka North and South Federal Constituency, Anambra State. 2015
Resource person, Hon./Barr. Sopulu Ezeonwuka for House of Reps, Orumba North and South Federal Constituency, Anambra State. 2015
Resource Person Sen. Uche Ekwunife campaign for 2015 Senatorial election
Chairman, Communication and Strategy Committee, Atiku/Obi Presidential Campaign Committee for Anambra State chapter – 2019
P.D.P Returning Officer for Awka North/South Federal Constituency, Senatorial/Presidential Election – February 23rd 2019
Sen. Uche Ekwunife Liaison, Awka North State Constituency
Beyond above facts of my political engagement, experiences and participation in the political arena of Anambra state, all must be reminded that Hon. Enenmuo is a world traveler by British Airways standards and rating. May I therefore disabuse the minds of evil travelers in the political arena that Hon. Enenmuo is being sponsored in the present political debacle of P.D.P leadership by anybody.
All mischief makers and theorists of sponsorship are called to order. Those who are already in fear of losing their bid, relationships with people and are now in fear to run for governorship of Anambra State in the coming primaries should please put their houses in order, work hard to win and should leave Hon. Enenmuo out of their fear of failure.
A word is enough for the wise and all and sundry should know that the old testament and the new testament make up one bible and that Hon. K.G. Enenmuo relationship with the old and new politicians in Anambra state will never be destroyed because anybody is running for election.