The Chevening Awards is a prestigious scholarship which gives you the opportunity to study at any university in the UK.I graduated from Lagos State Polytechnic with Higher National Diploma (HND) insurance and got to know about the Chevening scholarship two months after I graduated.In order for me to make myself stand out in the pool of applications, I started my social enterprise called @oppourtunities_world a platform where we connect people to life changing opportunities within the social space which has impacted over 30,000 people worldwide.I also ensure I make impacts in my community in respect to #sdgs4 and #sdgs8 which gave me the opportunity to put smiles in children’s faces especially those residing in slums areas within Lagos State..I combined my working and volunteering experiences as an insurance broker, volunteer and social Entrepreneur to write the 4 required essays for the scholarship and also secure unconditional offers from my three university.I did not just have my HND, I also ensure I have working experience to back it up.So to everyone who wants to apply for this prestigious scholarship or any other opportunity, ensure you have relevant working experience to back it up.To apply for the scholarship, all you need is to do the following
1. Write 4 major essays (leadership, networking, studying in the UK and career plan essays) maximum of 500 words.
2. Have at least 2years working experience which can either be paid, unpaid, volunteering, part time or full time.
3. Apply to 3 university of your choice and receive unconditional offers with your course closely related
4. Submit 2 referees who will write reference letters for you once you are shortlisted for the interview
5. Have completed an undergraduate degree which will enable you get offers from your specified universities.#chosenforchevening #CheveningScholar