In a keenly contested election, Valentine Ozigbo, former CEO of Transnational Corporation of Nigeria PLC (Transcorp) has won the People’s Democratic Party gubernatorial primaries election in Anambra State.
9news Nigeria report that Ozigbo polled a total of 62 votes out of 218 votes to beat his closet rival Dr Obiora Okonkwo who polled 58 votes while Senator Uche Ekwunife came 3rd with 44 votes.
2 void votes were voided.
The full result is as follows:
- Hon. Chris Azubuogu (10 votes)
- Mrs. Genevieve Ekwochi (3 votes)
- Barrister Emeka Etiaba SAN (Stepped down)
- Senator Uche Ekwunife (44)
- Chief Goddy Ezeemo
- Chief Johnny Maduafokwa
- Dr. Godwin Maduka (5 votes)
- Dr. Tony Nwoye (Stepped down)
- Chief Chuma Nzeribe
- Walter Ubaka Okeke (2 votes)
- Dr. Obiora Okonkwo (58 votes)
- Dr. Ifedi Okwenna (1 vote)
- Lady Chidi Onyemelukwe (2 votes)
- Mr. Valentine Ozigbo (62)
- Senator Ugochukwu Uba and
- Dr. Winston Udeh (12)
Congratulations to him!