BY PRINCELY ONYENWE, IMO
Following the policy of the Imo state government to sanitize the state and remove shanties within the city, Engr Innocent Ikechukwu Ikpamezie General Manager, Owerri Capital Development Authority (OCDA) has issued out a warning signal.
However, the Owerri Capital Development Authority (OCDA) wishes to notify the general public that it has commenced the sanitization of the streets by the removal of shanties and illegal structures within and around the Metropolis.
According to the release, the sanitization exercise will also involve the eradication of street trading within and around the under listed;
- IMSU back gate to Chukwuma Nwoha Road extending to Egbu Road.
- Hospital junction to world Bank roundabout
- Assumpta Roundabout and control post
- Orji Flyover and its environs
- Amakohia Flyover and it environs
- Akwakuma roundabout
- Emmanuel College Roundabout.
- Royce Road/Rotimi Street.
- Mbaise Road by Douglas Roundabout and all other areas within the Capital Territory where shanties are located.
Owners of these shanties and street traders are advised to remove and evacuate Immediately.
This exercise will be carried out by OCDA in conjunction with ENTRACO, and other relevant Government agencies that are poised to ensure the sanitization of all streets and prosecute offenders.
9News Nigeria (Owerri)
For inquiries on this news contact 9News Nigeria Imo State @08036856526