Nigeria’s Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr. Isa Pantami @DrIsaPantami, is set to commission eleven projects, which is the phase two of completed projects for the Digital Economy sector.
The projects, which are located across the country, will be commissioned virtually on Tuesday, 11th August, 2020, in a bid to diversify Nigeria’s economy, ensure security and fight corruption through Information Communications Technology (ICT) and Telecommunications solutions.
It will be recalled that the Minister, Dr. Pantami on Thursday, July 23, 2020 commissioned six completed projects across the country to drive a digital Nigeria.
The projects to be commissioned were carried out by the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), National Information Technology Development Agency, (NITDA) Nigerian Postal Services (NIPOST ) and The Universal Service Provision Fund (USPF) under the supervision of the Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy. They include :
– Tertiary Institution Knowledge Centre (TIKC), Delta State.
– New Neighborhood Post Office, Delta State.
– Remodelled National Mail Exchange Centre, Bayelsa State.
– e-Health/Data Sharing Centre, Bauchi State.
– Virtual Examination Centre, Borno State.
– Information Technology Innovation Centre, Kogi State.
– Information Technology Capacity Building Centre, Jigawa State.
– Information Technology Capacity Building Centre, Imo State.
– Emergency Communications Centre (ECC) llorin, Kwara State.
– Emergency Communications Centre (ECC) Calabar, Cross River State.
– School Knowledge Centre (SKC), Gombe State.
Amaka E. Nliam