N-Power Portal Not Hacked, It Is Secured ― FG Assures

Airtel Nigeria Call services
Social sharing

The federal government on Sunday has debunked reports that the N-Power portal had been hacked. Rather, the government said the portal was not only secured but also that it had not been compromised in any way.

This was as it also disclosed that more than one million applications were received from intending N-Power enrollees across the country in less than 48 hours.

The Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, in a statement, Sunday night, through its Deputy Director Information, Rhoda Iliya, said, “Over 1,000,000 applications have been received from across the Federation in less than 48 hours after the Honourable Minister, Sadiya Umar Farouq declared open the new N-Power Portal on the Ministry’s website.”

It called on all young Nigerians between the ages of 18 and 35 with or without formal education to apply for a slot in the new programme which it said, “would be very focused on agriculture.”

“The Ministry will like to assure Nigerians that the N-Power portal is secured and no data has been compromised,” it said, adding: “The portal is open for Nigerians who meet the application criteria.”

The statement read in part: “Inline with the ongoing N-POWER Batch C online application which commenced Friday, June 26, 2020, the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs Disaster Management and Social Development, hereby announces that over 1,000,000 applications have been received from across the Federation in less than 48 hours after the Honourable Minister, Sadiya Umar Farouq declared open the new N-Power Portal on the Ministry’s website.

“The Ministry wishes to reiterate that all young Nigerians between the ages of 18-35 with or without formal education can apply for a slot in the new program which would be very focused on agriculture.

“The number of applications so far received is an indication of the number of our youths who need jobs and the confidence in the program.

“The Ministry will continue to collaborate with its technical partners to provide timely support to all applicants.

“The selection process would be fair and transparent and the public would also be carried along at every stage.”

Advertisements
About Uchenna Mbam 7464 Articles
Uchenna Mbam is a reliable full time Blogger on news media as Editor/Publisher. Be free to Contact me via Facebook @Mbam Uchenna or Email me @uchennambam23@gmail.com

Be the first to comment

Leave your comment

UBA Bank
  • Anxiety As 70 Countries Set To Run Out Of HIV Drugs

    Social sharing

    Social sharingMore than 70 countries warned they are at risk of running out of HIV medication due to the coronavirus pandemic, according to a survey Read more

    Advertisements
  • World Health Organisation (WHO) sets up panel to review handling of COVID-19 pandemic

    World Health Organisation sets up panel to review handling of COVID-19 pandemic

    Social sharing

    Social sharingGENEVA/ZURICH (9News Nigeria) – The World Health Organization (WHO) said on Thursday it was setting up an independent panel to review its handling of Read more

    Advertisements
  • Africa urged to test more as coronavirus cases exceed 500,000

    Africa urged to test more and wear masks as coronavirus cases exceed 500,000

    Social sharing

    Social sharingNAIROBI (9News Nigeria) – African countries must carry out more coronavirus testing and make people use masks, a regional disease control body said on Read more

    Advertisements
  • “I Am Ready To Pray For Coronavirus Patients In Isolation Centres” – TB Joshua Says

    Social sharing

    Social sharingPastor Temitope Joshua of Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN) has said that he is ready to virtually offer prayer for COVID-19 patients in Read more

    Advertisements
  • The Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) and Chairman of the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19, Boss Mustapha

    JUST IN:FG asks states to prepare more bed spaces as COVID-19 cases rise

    Social sharing

    Social sharing The Federal Government on Thursday asked state governments to prepare more bed spaces for COVID-19 patients as the number of infections rise daily. Read more

    Advertisements