Still on Niger Delta Development Commission NDDC probe and forensic audit embloglio which has refused to “Calm down”, the Commission (NDDC) has despite Senator Peter Nwaoboshi refusal to have ever signed any contract with her, sent a formal letter requesting the him (Senator Peter Nwaoboshi) to refund the sum of N2.5 billion been monies fraudulent received from the Commission to supply plastic chairs to schools in the Niger Delta.
The full text of NDDC letter to Senator Peter Nwaobshi reads:
NIGER DELTA DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION (NDDC)
167 ABA ROAD, HARCOURT
084 – 232650,
July 5, 2020.
Senator Peter Nwaoboshi,
National Assembly Complex, Three Arms Zone, Abuja.
DEMAND FOR THE REFUND OF THE SUM OF ₦2.552 305.600.00 (TWO BILLION. FIVE HUNDRED AND FIFTY TWO MILLION. THREE HUNDRED AND FIVE THOUSAND AND SIX HUNDRED NAIRA) BEING MONEY HAD AND RECEIVED IN RESPECT OF CONTRACTS FOR THE PRODUCTION OF PLASTIC DESKS AND CHAIRS FOR PRIMARY/SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN THE NIGER DELTA REGION.
The subject here above refers, please.
- I have been directed to write to you and to state as follows
- That sometime in 2017, the Commission awarded contracts to certain companies for the production of desks and chairs for primary and secondary schools in the Niger Delta region under the 201 6 budget of the Commission. The list of the companies is attached as Annexure ‘A’. The total value of the said contracts was ₦2.552.305,600.OO (Two Billion. Five Hundred and Fifty Two Million. Three Hundred and Five Thousand And Six Hundred Naira).
- That the contracts were in furtherance of the Commission’s education sector mandate as catalyst for the improvement of classroom and learning conditions in the Niger Delta region.
- That instead of supplying the chairs and desks to the Commission’s warehouse in Port Harcourt or to any of the NDDC offices in the nine Niger Delta States, the items were supplied to a warehouse described as Akuede Akwis’ located at Benin Expressway, Okpanam, before Wichetech Aluminum Company.
- That the 2019 budget of the Commission also contains the tollowing heads:
a. Provisions and supply of Plastic Chairs and Desks for Primary and Secondary Schools in Delta North Senatorial District (Lots 1-15) for (Serial No. 21).
b. Provisions and supply of Plastic Chairs and Desks for Primary and Secondary Schools in Delta North Senatorial District (Lots 1-20) for (Serial No. 33).
c. Production and distribution of Desks and Benches in selected schools in the Niger Delta Region for (Serial No. 396).
This brings the 2019 budgetary provision for chairs and benches to a total of
- That despite having fully paid for the 2017 contracts for the production of chairs and desks, the items have not been supplied to the Commission. The resultant effect is that the Commission and the Niger Delta region have been deprived of the use of the desks and chairs.
- That I have been further directed to demand that you refund the sum of ₦2,552,305,600.OO (Two Billion, Five Hundred and FiffyTwo Million, Three Hundred and Five Thousand And Six Hundred Naira). to the Commission being the contract sums paid in respect of the said contracts within 14 days of this letter.
Please accept sir, the assurances of our highest regards and esteem.
Delta Development Commission
Peter Claver Okoro, Esq.
Director, Legal Services