The Peoples Democratic Party North-East Zonal Youth has released a 12 points communiqué during the National Youth Summit, North East Edition held today in Wunti, Bauchi, Bauchi State.
@OfficialPDPNig National Youth Summit-North East Edition- the Representative of the PDP National Chairman, Dr Emmanuel Bovoa, the North East Zonal Vice Chairman, speaking at the ongoing Youth Summit in Bauchi State.@officialKolaO @UcheSecondus @PDPYouthLeader @SenBalaMohammed
North East Zonal Youth Summit Communiqué
We the youths of the North East geo-political zone, after extensive and very robust engagements and deliberations, availed us by the PDP National Youth Summit held here in Bauchi State at the Multi-Purpose Indoor Sports Hall, Wunti, resolves as follows:
- Commend the National Working Committee of the PDP, under the able leadership of Prince Uche Secondus, for convoking this all-important Zonal Youth Summit, which has reawakened discussions and strategies for greater involvement of the youths in governance, political leadership, and party administration in our country.
- Recognize the unprecedented involvement of the youths at very top levels of governance and political leadership by successive PDP administrations, in addition to the roles played by the PDP in youth development and leadership mentoring since 1999.
- Lament that the gains achieved by the PDP in youth involvement in governance and political leadership have all been eroded by the APC administration, leading to utter relegation of the youths, and consequential negative effect on youth development and governance.
- Note that the PDP action plan on youth in governance and leadership is enshrined in the PDP manifesto, which makes it the best platform for youth participation in governance and political leadership.
- Unanimously resolves to consolidate discussions on the platform of the PDP for greater youth participation, particularly as the nation prepares for the 2023 general election.
- Resolve to strongly support and work with the PDP in the Presidential, governorship, federal, and state legislative elections in 2023.
- Call for greater participation of the North East youths in all processes leading to the nomination of a PDP Presidential candidate in the 2023 election.
- Urge the PDP to commence a massive online registration for millions of youths that are eager to carry the PDP cards as registered members of the party ahead of 2023 elections.
- Resolve to support the three PDP governors of Adamawa, Bauchi, and Taraba State and to work in ensuring that the PDP wins the governorship of the other three remaining states of the zone in 2023.
- Commend the PDP National Youth Leader Comrade S. K. E. Udeh-Okoye and his deputy Hon. Umar Babangida Maina, for their ideological driven leadership of the PDP Youth Directorate that has brought about this current continuous discussion and assessment of youth participation in politics and governance. This is a first of its kind in political party youth administration in Nigeria, and is highly commendable.
- Call on the party to make nomination forms free for all young persons, 25 to 30 years, vying for an elective position on the platform of the PDP.