A Computer Science graduate of the University of Calabar, identified as Mildred Amadi, from Cross River State, died today,from a cooking gas explosion which occurred on the 27th of December, 2018.
According to her cousin, Mildred, who was meant to go for her NYSC in March, 2019, had gone to braid her hair at a multipurpose hall in Rukpokwu rumuiwechiorlu, Port harcourt, Rivers state.
While there, a boy was said to have turned on a camp gas and stepped out to get a lighter. Upon his return, he was warned against igniting the burner of the camp gas, since so much gas had already escaped.
However, the boy ignored the warnings and told them that nothing would happen. But immediately he ignited it, there was an explosion and Mildred was badly affected.
She was later rushed to Bridgestone Hospital, Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt, where she died this morning.