South East Governors have commended Professor Chukwuma Soludo of All Progressive Grand Alliance, APGA for winning the just concluded Anambra Governorship Election.
In a statement personally signed by the Chairman of South East Governors, Forum, David Nweze Umahi and sent to 9News Nigeria equally commended Nnamdi Kanu’s lawyers for their efforts in ensuring that the sit-at-home order and threats against holding the election were aborted.
The South East Governors also urged Prof. Soludo to “extend healing and loving hands to all the candidates in the election so that together, you will continue to contribute to the progress of the state from where His Excellency, Chief Willie Obiano would stop. After every election, party politics should be left to political parties while good governance takes the centre stage for the good of the people.”
The statement reads in full,
SOUTHEAST GOVERNORS CONGRATULATE PROF. CHARLES CHUKWUMA SOLUDO ON HIS VICTORY
May I, on behalf of South-East Governors:
- Congratulate Prof. Charles Chukwuma Soludo on his victory in the just-concluded Anambra governorship election.
- Congratulate all other candidates that participated in the election for their efforts and peaceful conduct during and after the election. I believe that God rules in the affairs of men.
- Urge Prof. Soludo to please, extend healing and loving hands to all the candidates in the election so that together, you will continue to contribute to the progress of the state from where His Excellency, Chief Willie Obiano would stop. After every election, party politics should be left to political parties while good governance takes the centre stage for the good of the people.
- May I also congratulate one of us, Governor Willie Obiano for a successful governorship election in Anambra state. God has ordained you to finish strong and well.
- Testimonies available on the conduct of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) during the election speak greatly of their excellent job. Let me therefore, congratulate the commission for both a great job and their courage in conducting the election.
- We are grateful to all security chiefs and their men for their excellent job in the conduct of the election. From available accounts, they all played their roles excellently within their rules of engagement. This has unarguable boosted the public confidence in our security system.
- Our gratitude goes to all our religious leaders, our political leaders, our traditional fathers, many stakeholders of South East, and Mr. Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer for their efforts in ensuring that the sit-at-home order and threats against holding the election were aborted. I believe that with the same spirit, we will work together for a political solution in handling our present situation in South East.
- We thank Mr. President, H.E. Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR so much for his efforts and neutrality in the success of the Anambra election. Mr. President, this is just you and you have once again demonstrated that you are a true democrat with a great commitment to bequeath to the nation an impeccable electoral process. Thank you for the security agencies, INEC officials, and the safety of our people during and after the election.
- Mr. President, please, as a follow-up to your presidential delegation to South-East this year on the solution to the situation of South-East, may we inform you that we South-East leaders have been working so hard for an amicable solution. All leaders of South-East strongly wish to present to Mr. President, some suggestions for a possible political solution over our present situation. After Our next meeting, we shall be writing to request for an appointment with Mr. President on this matter. We thank you Mr. President for your kind disposition to listen to our leaders for a possible amicable resolution of all contending issues in South-East.
- Finally, we thank God almighty for saving the lives of our people and all those involved in the election. The same God will do more for our people and Nigeria. Amen.
Engr. David Nweze Umahi, FNSE, FNATE
Governor of Ebonyi State and
Chairman of South East Governors’ Forum, For South-East Governors.