1. All praise is due to Allah … His peace and blessings upon the soul of the Noble Prophet Muhammad,…
2. 2020 was indeed a trying year with the Fitnah of COVID-19…What affects one affects all and we should be our brothers’ keeper. We pray for the souls of our departed brethren…
3. We thank Almighty Allah for their lives and vision of our past leaders, our Board of Trustees and past presidents for the foundation that has been laid.
4. As an Association we have our strengths which many recognise us for. But we also have our challenges and opportunities… Self-improvement and growth is never ending journey. This Administration, on resumption has initiated steps to leverage some of our strengths to close our obvious gaps.
5. Some of these (strategies) include recruiting and engaging youths, live membership database, professional networking and mentoring, internal and external media visibility, diaspora integration into programs etc
6. Our focus over the next few years will be centred around 3E’s. Educate, Empower and Empathize while building on the diversity pillars- Everyone Included, Everyone Engaged and Everyone Valued.
7. Security continue to be a growing challenge for the nation, impacting everyone… We implore the federal government to be more decisive in handling the situation (of kidnapping, insurgency and farmers-herdsmen crisis) and communicate more openly to earn the trust of the populace.
8. We want to commiserate with all the victims of the recent mayhem at the historical Shasha market in Ibadan.
9. [I congratulate and] I encourage the awardees to rededicate themselves to the ideals of the Association and work to improve lives of people around them.
10. We need to pull more people up the ladder and we need their (awardees) help to monitor and support our UNIFEMGA youths to grow in all areas of their influence.
Alhaji Abdul-Fattah Olanlege
UNIFEMGA NATIONAL PRESIDENT