By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Friday, Aug 21, 2026
9News Nigeria
  • HOME
  • EDITORIAL
  • POLITICS
  • NATIONAL
  • SPORTS
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • PRIVACY POLICY
9News Nigeria9News Nigeria
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Editorial
    • OPINION
  • Politics
  • National
    • Breaking News
    • Boko Haram
    • Crime and Investigation
    • Ohanaeze Ndigbo
  • Business
    • Nigerian economy
    • Investment
    • Finance
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • Entertainment and lifestyle
    • Hollywood
  • World
    • Africa
    • Asia News
    • Australia
    • Europe
  • About Us
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms And Conditions
    • Contact Us
Follow US
Latest News

Tinubu commits to stronger national security at North-West summit in Kaduna

Honesty Victor
Last updated: November 29, 2025 8:31 pm
By Honesty Victor
Share
5 Min Read
President Bola Tinubu 1024x784 1 505x340 1
#image_title
SHARE

President Bola Tinubu is fully commitment to strengthening Nigeria’s security architecture and restoring stability across the country, particularly in the North-West, the Minister of Defence, Mohammed Badaru, said on Saturday .

Badaru delivered the president’s goodwill message at the North-West Zonal Security Summit in Kaduna, organised by the Senate Ad-hoc Committee on National Security Summit with the theme: ‘Building Robust Regional Collaborations to Tackle Insecurity: Pathways for Securing the Future’.

The minister said the administration remained focused on the Renewed Hope Agenda, which prioritises national unity, community resilience and a security system that treats all citizens with dignity and equality.

He stated that joint operations by the Armed Forces and security agencies had reopened major routes across Kaduna, Zamfara, Katsina, Sokoto and Kebbi, while markets and farming activities had steadily resumed in several previously affected communities.

“Many villages that were displaced have returned, schools once closed due to attacks had reopened, and farmers are back on their fields with improved security support,” he said.

Okpebholo denies banning Davido from entering Edo
Nigerian Immigration arrests 55 illegal immigrants in Osun
Gov. Okpebholo’s aide bans Davido from performing in Edo
FG declares Tuesday public holiday for Eid ul Mawlid

Badaru, however, acknowledged lingering threats posed by bandits, terror cells and organised criminal groups, warning that attackers continue to adapt their tactics despite pressure from security forces.

He cited the recent school abductions in Niger and Kebbi as well as the Church abduction in Kwara, adding that while victims in Kwara and Kebbi had regained freedom, efforts were ongoing to rescue the remaining abductees.

According to him, the president has directed the military to “clear all indicators of insecurity” and deepen inter-agency synergy, intelligence fusion and protection of schools and rural communities.

The minister highlighted the government’s ongoing deployment of new bases and tactical brigades, including the National Mission Force Brigade in Samaru Kataf and the 18 Brigade Tactical Headquarters in Tegina

He said all these efforts were aimed at strengthening rapid response capability across the North-West and North-Central regions.

Badaru stressed that military action alone cannot secure the region, describing national security as a collective responsibility.

“Defence is only one side of the coin. Sustainable peace requires the participation of governors, traditional rulers, youth groups, women, civil society and every citizen,” he said.

He commended state governments for establishing complementary security outfits, such as the Community Protection Guard in Zamfara and the Community Watch Corps in Katsina, which he described as “force multipliers” when coordinated with the military.

The minister also expressed concern over youth recruitment by criminal networks, saying the Federal Government was countering the trend through initiatives such as the Nigeria Youth Investment Fund and the 3 Million Technical Talent Programme.

“Our youths must be equipped with skills and opportunities so they build the future of this region rather than fall to those who wish to destroy it,” he added.

Earlier in his welcome address, Sen. Babangida Hussaini, Chairman of the Organising Committee, said the Senate convened the summit to address the “increasing and alarming” levels of insecurity in the region.

He said the North-West remained the hardest hit by banditry, kidnappings, mass displacement, forced labour, cross-border threats and environmental vulnerabilities.

Hussaini said that the summit was structured to reflect the complex security realities in the zone and to generate practical solutions ahead of the National Security Summit scheduled for Abuja on Dec. 1.

He commended the foresight of the 10th Senate and the commitment of President Tinubu, saying the initiatives demonstrate that the government was “leaving no stone unturned” in its search for actionable solutions to Nigeria’s security challenges.

The senator also expressed deep appreciation to Gov. Uba Sani for providing “overwhelming support” and unprecedented personal involvement in the organisation of the summit.

9news Nigeria reports that delegates from across the North-West, including security chiefs, traditional rulers, clerics, civil society, youth groups and community leaders  participated in the one-day meeting to develop region-wide strategies for lasting peace.

Like this:

Like Loading…
TAGGED:Bola Tinubu
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Copy Link
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Surprise0
Angry0
Previous Article IMG 20251129 WA0005 NAFDAC shuts down unhygienic depot, seals water-based drinks factory in Kaduna
Next Article IMG 20250905 WA0007 Gov. Ododo offers automatic employment to 31 best graduating students of CUSTECH
Search
– Advertisement –
Latest News
  • Imo Records First Robotic Surgery, Makes Healthcare History August 21, 2026
  • Okpebholo denies banning Davido from entering Edo August 21, 2026
  • Nigerian Immigration arrests 55 illegal immigrants in Osun August 21, 2026
  • Fake Agency: Tinubu Orders arrest of Nwabueze, suspends 3 Permanent Secretaries August 21, 2026
  • Senator Saliu Mustapha Resigns from APC August 21, 2026
  • Nigeria Needs $23bn to Fix Power Crisis Nationwide, REA MD Discloses August 21, 2026
  • Gov. Okpebholo’s aide bans Davido from performing in Edo August 21, 2026
  • Osun APC Guber Candidate Oyebamiji Visits Tinubu After Election Defeat August 21, 2026
  • South Africa Accused of Becoming Hub for Iran, Hamas, Hezbollah, ISIS Financing Networks August 21, 2026
  • FBI Warns Release of Tinubu’s Drugs Deals Records Could Put Lives at Risk August 21, 2026
– Advertisement –
9News Nigeria
  • Editorial
  • OPINION
  • Inspiration
  • Investigative Reports
  • Featured
  • Interviews
  • About Us
  • Terms And Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
World News
  • Africa
  • African Politics
  • Aviation News
  • Australia
  • Global Economy
  • Europe
  • Global Economy
  • Asia News
  • Middle East
  • World
  • World Politics
  • USA
  • USA Politics
News Categories
  • Breaking News
  • National
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Crime and Investigation
  • Nigeria Police
  • Nigerian Military
  • Biafra
  • ODUDUWA
  • Ohanaeze
  • Boko Haram
  • National Assembly
  • National History
  • Sober House
  • National Security
Entertainment and Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
  • Entertainment and lifestyle
  • Nollywood
  • Lifestyle
  • Hollywood
  • Celebrity
  • Celebrity Gist
  • Celebrity Gossip
  • Events
  • Family & Relationships
  • Relationship Extra
  • Relationships

You May also Like

Screenshot 20260820 224817 1
Latest NewsNigeria Politics

Tinubu meets re-elected Adeleke behind closed doors at Aso Rock

August 20, 2026
Screenshot 20260820 194321 1
Latest NewsNigeria Politics

2027: Presidency fires back at Atiku over promise to restore petrol subsidy

August 20, 2026
Screenshot 20260820 151627 1
Latest News

NYSC DG cautions corps members against political campaigns, misinformation

August 20, 2026
Screenshot 20260820 140547 1
Latest News

I Won’t Contest Again If I Lose 2027 Presidential Election – Atiku declares

August 20, 2026
Screenshot 20260819 140934 1
Latest News

Protest Over Transfers of Suit Challenging Tinubu’s 2027 Eligibility

August 20, 2026
Screenshot 20260820 114821 1
Latest NewsNational

“I Fear No One, I’m 82 Years Old” – Cardinal Onaiyekan responds to Presidency

August 20, 2026
Show More
  • More News:
  • Europe News
  • National News
  • Politics
  • 9News Nigeria - Nigeria Breaking News
  • Nigeria Politics
  • Sports
  • Imo state
  • Opinion
  • National Security
  • Events
  • Editorial
  • Inspiration
  • Trending news
  • Bible Messages
  • Religion
  • Jesus Christ the saviour
  • World News
  • The Love of God
  • Crime and Investigation
  • Business

9NEWS NIGERIA

  • Editorial
  • Opinion
  • Inspiration
  • Investigative Reports
  • Featured
  • Interviews
  • About Us
  • Terms And Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

NEWS CATEGORIES

  • Breaking News
  • National
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Crime and Investigation
  • Nigeria Police
  • Nigerian Military
  • Biafra
  • ODUDUWA
  • Ohanaeze
  • Boko Haram
  • National Assembly
  • National History
  • National Security

WORLD NEWS

  • Africa
  • African Politics
  • Aviation News
  • Australia
  • Global Economy
  • Europe
  • Asia News
  • Middle East
  • World
  • World Politics
  • USA
  • USA Politics

ENTERTAINMENT AND LIFESTYLE

  • Entertainment
  • Entertainment and lifestyle
  • Nollywood
  • Lifestyle
  • Hollywood
  • Celebrity
  • Celebrity Gist
  • Celebrity Gossip
  • Events
  • Family & Relationships
  • Relationship Extra
  • Relationships
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?

%d