We’ve destroyed ‘One Million Boys’ gang – Lagos CP

Hakeem-Odumosu - Lagos Police
Hakeem-Odumosu - Lagos Police
Social sharing

The Lagos State Government has reassured residents of its commitment to protect lives and property, stressing that the responsibility will not be compromised.


The re-assurance came just as the State Police Command, acting on the orders of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, stepped up its surveillance, following the panic generated by threat letters purportedly written to some communities by a faceless criminal group: “One Million Boys.”

One Million Boys Gang
One Million Boys Gang


The group allegedly threatened that it would carry out armed robbery attacks in some listed neighbourhoods.


The police described the group as “non-existent”, adding it had strengthened its surveillance across neighbourhoods.


The Commissioner of Police, Hakeem Odumosu, who led squadrons of anti-robbery policemen to various tension-soaked communities on Friday, allayed residents’ fear, saying the criminal gang called One Million Boys had been disbanded in several operations.


Odumosu said a new set of criminally minded people may be hiding under the gang’s name to scare the public, but he assured all that the police, in conjunction with other security agencies, would neutralise such threat.


He said: “Today, we have come out in full show of force to give you assurance that there’s nothing like ‘One Million Boys’; they are criminals.
“Be assured that Government is out to protect you.


“The police are out there to guarantee your safety and we are doing this in conjunction with soldiers, Navy, Air Force and Department of State Services operatives.


“So, we are asking you not to panic. Go about your lawful engagements.
“When it is time for you to sleep, you should sleep without nurturing the fear that some faceless criminal gangs will come and attack you.


“Faceless people are sending letters around only to put fears in your mind. We will respond swiftly to any attack and we shall be patrolling round the State.”


Odumosu gave out emergency numbers to call in case of armed robbery attacks and cautioned residents not to burn tyres on roads because such acts damage and pose health risks to children and the sick.


The numbers are: 09010512385, 09010512286, 09010512287 and 09010512288.


The police chief said the security agencies had been carrying out land and aerial surveillance to ensure the safety of residents during the lockdown imposed by the Federal Government to tackle the Coronavirus Disease.


Some of the areas visited by Odumosu and his team of combat-ready policemen included Ikotun, Pako-Ijesha, Igando, Mushin, Surulere, Festac Town, Idimu, Ikeja, Ojodu, Berger, Ogba, Fadeyi and Onipanu.

Advertisements
About 9News Nigeria 6089 Articles
9News Nigeria, Global Breaking News Platform, News from Nigeria, News from Africa, Nigerian News, African News

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*

  • Infectious Disease Bill More Dangerous Than COVID-19 – Says Ike Ekweremadu

    Social sharing

    Social sharingThe former Deputy President of the Senate, Ike Ekweremadu, has said the controversial “Infectious Diseases Bill” currently before the National Assembly may not pass Read more

    Advertisements
  • COVID-19: Nigeria Yet To Receive Donald Trump’s Ventilators – Lai Mohammed

    Social sharing

    Social sharingThe Federal Government said it was yet to receive the ventilators promised by the U.S President, Donald Trump. The Minister of Information and Culture, Read more

    Advertisements
  • Coronavirus Is From Hell, Not From God – Bishop Mike Says

    Social sharing

    Social sharingThe founder of Victory Life Ministries International, Bishop Mike Bamidele has said that coronavirus is evil from hell. He warned that nobody should blame Read more

    Advertisements
  • No Picture

    Coronavirus: Why Africa Has Least Cases, Deaths In The World – WHO Reveals

    Social sharing

    Social sharingThe World Health Organization (WHO) has given reason why Africa has been able to manage COVID-19 against the odds. The body said that the Read more

    Advertisements
  • No Picture

    A Nigerian lady recounts how she had her twins after she was rapped when she was just 15years (photos)

    Social sharing

    Social sharingShe wrote: “21 Years Ago, a 15 year old seeking to find her path was brutally raped by her employer, all she had to Read more

    Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: