Senate in an unwise but deft political move decided to adjourn the Senate till October.
These are the implications to the political and economic environment in the country, that will be occasssined by the unnecessary adjournment.
1. Before the Senate reconvenes, All the political parties would have completed their primaries for elective positions in next year’s election.
2. Saraki may hang on as the Senate President, while shopping for presidential ticket from parties.
3. All confirmations of appointments will stay on hold.
4. No more room for those willing to change parties before the election primaries, unless they do so in their wards.
5. Some senators will come back with political bruises arising from their political party primaries..
6 . No serious legislative business after the reconvention till the election next February, as Senators will be busy campaigning for offices..