Anthony Joshua Names 7 Fighters He Wants To Face Before Retirement

Social sharing

Anthony Joshua has named seven fighters he could face before he hangs up his gloves.

The heavyweight world champion is due to defend his three belts against Kubrat Pulev this summer.

Originally slated for June 20, the clash has been delayed due to the coronavirus crisis which has ground sport to a halt.

But assuming he retains his titles, Joshua will then set his sights on a plethora of rivals.

When asked who he could face, he told Sky Sports: “[Oleksandr] Usyk, [Deontay] Wilder, [Tyson] Fury, [Luis] Ortiz.

“Who else? I think that’s probably the majority. Adam Kownacki, Jarrell Miller… you know, that’s six names.”

Joshua went on to add Dillian Whyte to the mix having beaten his domestic foe in 2015.

“I know he’s been chasing a world title shot. I offered him a world title shot last year in April, he refused it.

“Maybe he wants his hand on the WBC, but if me and Tyson Fury fight, then I know he didn’t want to fight me last year, but he’ll definitely have to fight me this time, if he wants his hands on the WBC belt.

“Once I’ve beaten Tyson Fury, Dillian Whyte can come and get this work as well. It won’t be that good, it will be one-sided.”

Joshua and Fury had hoped to clash at the end of the year but the pandemic looks to have put paid to that prospect.

Fury must first defend his own world title against Wilder in their trilogy clash pencilled in for October 3.

That would push back a potential undisputed fight until February.

Advertisements
About Uchenna Mbam 7383 Articles
Uchenna Mbam is a reliable full time Blogger on news media as Editor/Publisher. Be free to Contact me via Facebook @Mbam Uchenna or Email me @uchennambam23@gmail.com

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*

  • No Picture

    A Nigerian lady recounts how she had her twins after she was rapped when she was just 15years (photos)

    Social sharing

    Social sharingShe wrote: “21 Years Ago, a 15 year old seeking to find her path was brutally raped by her employer, all she had to Read more

    Advertisements
  • Eid-el-Fitr: Lockdown Measures Will Not Be Longer Than Necessary – Buhari Says

    Social sharing

    Social sharingThe President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), has assured Nigerians that lockdown measures put in place to curb the spread of coronavirus would not Read more

    Advertisements
  • COVID-19: “FG’s N20k Cash Transfer, School Feeding Program A Fraud” – Buba Galadima Reveals

    Social sharing

    Social sharingAlhaji Buba Galadima, a former ally of President Muhammadu Buhari has at the weekend said that the school feeding programme of the President Muhammadu Read more

    Advertisements
  • BREAKING!! Donald Trump Sends 1,000 Ventilators To Nigeria

    Social sharing

    Social sharingUnited States President, Donald Trump said Thursday that he has sent 1,000 ventilators to Nigeria to help save lives from the COVID-19 pandemic. Questioned Read more

    Advertisements
  • Nigeria records breakthrough as NCDC validates viral RNA extraction

    Nigeria records breakthrough as NCDC validates viral RNA extraction

    Social sharing

    Social sharingThe country has blazed a trail in Africa with the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) successfully validating the first phase of the viral Read more

    Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: