By Olawale Jokotoye
The Ogun State Independent Electoral Commission (OGESIEC) said the All Progressives Congress won almost all the chairmanship and councillorship seats in the Ogun polls.
Declaring the results, the commission’s Chairman, Mrs Risikat Ogunfemi, said the ruling APC won all the Chairmanship positions in all the 20 local governments and 37 LCDAs.
The party also won 346 councillorship seats out of the 349 wards in the state.
The Unity Party of Nigeria, however, won two councillorship seats while the PDP won one.
A total of 17 political parties participated in the poll.
Ogunfemi, who stated that the commission had discharged its duties without fear or favour, adjudged the poll free, fair and credible.
The OGESIEC boss, however, conceded that there was room for improvement on the conduct of council election.
“Election is a process and we can always learn from any shortcomings and improve on subsequent ones.
“The 2012 local government poll was not as effective as this and so we are sure that the next one will be better than this one,” she said.
Ogunfemi expressed appreciation for the support accorded the commission by the electorate and other stakeholders.
She advised candidates, who might have any complaint concerning the poll, to direct it to the election tribunal which she said would soon be constituted.
The Elected council chairmen:
1. Abeokuta North L.G ~ Akomoje (Surajudeen Kunle Folarin)
2.Abeokuta North West LCDA ~Lafenwa (Sorunke Monsuru)
3. Abeokuta North East LCDA~Ita Iyalode (Taofeek Olabode)
4. Oke Ogun LCDA ~ Imala (Taoheed Salami)
5. Abeokuta South L.G ~ Ake (Lukmon Adeola Shonekan)
6.Abeokuta South East LCDA ~ Ijeun Titun ( Simisola Kehinde Onaji)
7. Abeokuta South West LCDA~ Ijeja (Tajudeen Adebayo Jimoh)
8. Ado Odo/Ota L.G~Ota ( Bashiru Oladele Adeniji)
9.Ado Odo LCDA~ Ado Odo (Saheed Alagbe)
10.Agbara/Igbesa LCDA~ Igbesa (Ebenezer Olaoluwa Oniyide)
11.Ota West (Atan/Iju/Ilogbo LCDA) ~ Atan Ota ( Jamiu Yakub Ajayi)
12.Sango/Ijoko LCDA ~ Sango (Fatai Lawal)
13.Ewekoro L.G ~ Itori (Gafar Alao Balogun)
14. Ewekoro North LCDA ~ Wasinmi (Kehinde Oluniyi Adepegba )
15.Ifo L.G ~ Ifo (Hakeem Bello)
16.Ifo Central ~ Agbado/Okearo LCDA (Adebayo Yusuf Ekun)
17.Coker Ibogun LCDA ~ Ibogun (Juwon Gbadebo)
18.Ifo South (Isheri-Ajuwon LCDA) ~ Ojodu/Akute (Bode Fakunle)
19.Ijebu East L.G ~ Ogbere (Iyabo Olubunkola Bakre)
20.Ijebu East Central LCDA~ Ojowo (Adebayo Oshokomaiya)
21.Ijebu North L.G ~ Ijebu Igbo
( Bayo Adekoya)
22.Ijebu North Central LCDA ~ Oru (Adefisan Adesola)
23. Ijebu Igbo West LCDA ~ Ojowo (Adegoke Adekanmbi)
24.Ago Iwoye LCDA ~ Ibipe (Ayodele Bush Ademosu)
25.Ijebu North East L.G ~ Atan (Onafuye Kolawole Sunday )
26.Yemoji LCDA ~ Ilese (Adebajo Dapo)
27.Ijebu Ode ~ Ijebu Ode (Gbolade Ola Oduwole)
28.Ijebu Ode South ~ Oke Aje
( Adebanjo Sikiru Olalekan)
29. Ikenne L.G ~ Ikenne (Akinsanya Rotimi Fatai)
30. Remo North L.G~Iperu (Tayo Awoyemi Sowole)
31.Imeko Afon L.G ~ Imeko (Tosin Adeluyi)
32. Afon LCDA ~Oloka Afon (Ogunesan Jide)
33.Ipokia L.G ~ Ipokia (Josu Amos Senayon)
34.Ipokia West ~ Ijofin (Poviwhede Mauton Tolu )
35.Idi Iroko LCDA ~ Idi Iroko (Babajide Johnson Olushola)
36.Obafemi Owode L.G ~ Owode (Jamiu Balogun)
37. Oba LCDA ~ Oba (Abiola Quadri Asalulola)
38.Obafemi LCDA ~ Obafemi
(Olabisi Collins Obasola )
39.Ofada/ Mokoloki LCDA ~ Mowe (Kudirat Balogun)
40. Odeda L.G ~ Odeda ( Semiu Bola Lawal)
41. Opeji LCDA ~ Opeji (Akindele Musiliu)
42. Ilugun LCDA ~ Ilugun (Mofoluke Shoremekun)
43. Odogbolu L.G ~ Odogbolu (Olawale Shittu)
44. Leguru LCDA ~ Ala (Ololade Onakoya)
45.Ifesowapo LCDA ~ Imodi (Obafemi Onakoya)
46.Ogun Waterside ~ Abigi (Olufemi Onanuga)
47.Ogun Waterside East ~ Bolorunduro Efire (Musa Abajo)
48. Remo central LCDA~ Iperu (Odumuyiwa Oluwaseyi John)
49.Remo North East LCDA ~ Ode Remo (Samuel Segun Idowu)
50. Sagamu L.G ~ Sagamu
( Olufemi Felix Kafaru)
51. Sagamu west LCDA/Makun (Rafiu Oladele Awoyemi)
52. Sagamu South LCDA /Sotubo: (Sarafadeen Hassan)
53. Yewa North ~ Ayetoro (Adeagbo Adigun Rasaq)
54. Iju LCDA ~ Iboro (Alebiosu Rahman)
55.Ketu LCDA ~ Tata (Adegbite Moses)
56.Yewa South ~ Ilaro (Edun Justin Obafemi)
57.Yewa South East (Ifekowajo LCDA) ~ Oke Odan (Adejumo Alani Adewale)