Ebonyi State Government has warned Ebonyians not to pay a dime to anyone to secure the 2.6bn youth empowerment program fund approved by the Governor, David Nweze Umahi.
9news Nigeria had reported that Umahi approved 2.6bn for Ebonyi youths following the EndSARS Protests which have been hijacked by hoodlums.
In a statement made available to 9News Nigeria on Wednesday by the Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mr. Francis Nwaze, said some beguiling elements are trying to defraud unsuspecting Ebonyians to pay money in order to be enrolled on the program.
The statement added that security agents should arrest and prosecute anyone operating on the cloak of empowerment agent of the state as no one is appointed by Ebonyi State Government to collect any money from applicants.
The statement reads,
My attention has been drawn to extortion and scrambling for inclusion in the 2.6bn youth empowerment program graciously approved by the Governor, His Excellency, Engr. Dr. David Nweze Umahi, FNSE, FNATE by some beguiling elements urging unsuspecting members of the public to pay a certain amount of money to qualify for the grant aimed at getting Ebonyi youths sound economic footing.
Given the above, please be informed that:
- Governor David Umahi as a youth-friendly Governor has initiated various youth-centered programs including appointments of over 80% of youths into his cabinet without anyone hoodwinking others.
- Since 2015 the Divine Mandate Administration was birthed in the state, Governor Umahi has always, through Divine direction, put in place, effective target mechanism to eliminate potential loopholes and leakages in all the phases of empowerment.
- His Excellency who has gained mastery of the structure of youths responded timely to their yearnings by approving 2.6bn for them to stay afloat economically.
- Security agents are by this announcement alerted to arrest and prosecute anyone operating on the cloak of empowerment agent of the state as no one is appointed by Ebonyi State Government to collect any money from applicants.
- Government cannot in any way be extorting same people it’s set to empower.
- As a promise keeper and fulfiller, the Governor has directed that the disbursement of the said fund will be spread across the 13 Council Areas of the state and a detailed modality, criteria and categories of beneficiaries are being developed and will be communicated to the general public by this November.
Please, be guided: don’t pay a dime to anyone to secure the grant, don’t risk yourself and don’t waste the little in your possession.