This is a continuation of the message titled “Overcoming the challenges of life through the dominion we have in Christ Jesus.“
While having dominion in Christ Jesus does not guarantee a life free from challenges and confusion, we are assured that we will always overcome the challenges victoriously. Having dominion in Christ Jesus empowers you to navigate through them with faith, wisdom, and love. Trust in God’s sovereignty, rely on His strength and lean on the support of fellow believers as you exercise dominion in Christ Jesus in the midst of life’s challenges.
Having dominion in Christ Jesus refers to exercising authority, power, and control in accordance with the teachings and principles of Christianity. It is a concept rooted in the belief that Jesus Christ has granted believers spiritual authority and the ability to overcome various challenges and circumstances.
To have dominion in Christ Jesus, here are some key principles to consider:
- Relationship with Christ: Developing a personal relationship with Jesus Christ is fundamental. This involves accepting Him as your Lord and Savior, seeking Him through prayer, studying the Bible, and cultivating a deepening faith in Him.
- Understanding your identity: Recognize that as a believer in Christ, you are a child of God and have been given authority through Him. Ephesians 2:6 says, “And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus.” Understanding your identity in Christ empowers you to live in the authority and dominion He has given you.
- Submission to God’s will: Submitting to God’s will is crucial in exercising dominion. This means aligning your desires and actions with His teachings and seeking His guidance in all areas of life. As you surrender to God’s plan, you can trust that He will work through you to accomplish His purposes.
- Prayer and faith: Prayer is a powerful tool in exercising dominion. Through prayer, you can seek God’s guidance, ask for His intervention, and declare His promises over your life. Combine your prayers with unwavering faith in God’s power and His faithfulness to fulfil His Word.
- Renewing your mind: Romans 12:2 encourages believers to renew their minds and not conform to the patterns of this world. This involves aligning your thoughts, attitudes, and beliefs with the truth of God’s Word. By meditating on Scripture and allowing the Holy Spirit to transform your thinking, you can develop a mindset that aligns with God’s kingdom and exercise dominion accordingly.
Walking in love and humility: True dominion in Christ is characterized by love and humility. Jesus demonstrated this during His earthly ministry, teaching His disciples to serve others and love their neighbours as themselves. By imitating Christ’s example and treating others with kindness, compassion, and humility, you reflect His character and exercise dominion in a way that honours Him.
Remember that dominion in Christ Jesus is not about seeking personal power or control for selfish purposes. It is about living in alignment with God’s will, bringing His kingdom values to bear on every aspect of life, and making a positive impact in the world around you.
By Obinna Ejianya (9News Nigeria – Melbourne, Australia)