- Driving without a Driver’s licence – Impound vehicle.
- Driving of any vehicle by person under 18 – N30,000.
- Driving with fake number plates – N30,000, 3 years in prison.
- Driving with forged vehicle particulars – 6 months in prison.
- Driving with fake driver’s licence – 6 months in prison.
- Driving without road worthiness – Impound vehicle.
- Driving only yellow – N80,000. Enforce painting
- Driving without Hackey permit – Impound vehicle.
- No display of Hackey permit – Impound vehicle
- Kabu Kabu without permit – Impound vehicle
- Disobeying LASTMA Officer – N30,000/
- Neglect of traffic direction light – 3 months in prison.
- Smoking while driving – N30,000/Impound vehicle.
- Physically assault traffic officer – N50,000/6 months in prison.
- Driving without full light – N50,000.
- Driving with worn out tyre – N30,000.
- Driving without spare tyre – N30,000
- Driving smoking vehicle – N30,000
- No fire extinguisher – N30,000
- Broken windscreen – N30,000
- Tinted windscreen – N30,000
- Eating and driving with one hand – 3 months in prison.
- One way driving – 3 years in prison
- Driving without fasten seat blt – N30,000
- Not painting a commercial vehicle the approved colour – N50,000
- No car hire service permit – 1st 20,000; 2nd N30,000, Impond vehicle
- Parking on yellow line on any public highway/
illegal parking – 1st N20,000; subsequent N30,000
- Vehicle crossing double yellow line/center line – 1st N20,000; subsequent N30,000.
- Staying within the yellow junction box (offside rule) – 1st N20,000; subsequent N30,000
- Failure to yield to right of the way of pedestrian at zebra crossing – 1st N20,000; subsequent N30,000
- Failure to give to traffic on the left at a roundabout – 1st N20,000; subsequent N30,000.
- Driving on walkway or kerb – Impound
- Reversing on the highway & parking on walkways – 50,000 naira
- Obstruction of traffic -20,000 naira
- Picking/Dropping passengers on illegal B/stop -50,000 naira
- Driving on BRT lanes – 70,000 naira.
Ignorance is not an excuse! While we accept that it’s not possible for all the traffic agencies to arrest everyone, all they just need is someone who will be used as a scapegoat, please, don’t be one of such.
Obey all traffic laws and drive responsibly.
🇳🇬LAGOS STATES GOVERNMENT MINISTRY OF TRANSPORTATION/LASTMA🇳🇬