By Princely Onyenwe;Imo
National President Emerging Leaders Forum of Nigeria ELFON has retirated efforts to hold a national conference.
The meeting started by 7:30am and ended in Abuja by 9:12am today dated 23-10-2020.
EMERGING LEADERS FORUM OF NIGERIA (ELFON)
PRESS RELEASE – 23rd October, 2020
OUTCOME OF THE EMERGENCY MEETING OF HEADS OF 14 NATIONAL YOUTH/STUDENT GROUPS
After listening to the long awaited address by President Muhammadu Buhari to Nigerians as regards the ENDSARS Protest, an emergency meeting of the 14 National Heads of Nigerian Youths and students’ groups was held and the following decisions were taken:
- That a National Youth Conference be held.
- That the conference will shall have only 500 National Youth Delegates;
a. 3 Youth Delegates from each of the 109 senatorial districts in Nigeria
b. 3 Youth Delegates each from the recognized 14 national Youth organisations
c. 36 states students union Presidents.
d. 59 Young Parliamentarians from States & National Assembly
e. 36 National Youth Patrons.
- That the Conference shall be a 2 days event to be held in Abuja on the 31st of October and 1st of November 2020.
- That having noted that hired thug and hoodlums have hijacked the peaceful Protest, thereby causing mayhem in our Nation, We call on all youth and student Organisations to end the protests forthwith to enable due us uncover the hoodlums.
- That we appeal to President Muhammad Buhari to as a matter of national interest allow in the interim, the Military Police to assist the Nigerian Police force and other security agencies in maintaining law and order as we do not want any live to be lost anymore.
- That there are issues about the Nigerian Youthdom and the Nation at large which weren’t captured/ addressed in Mr. President’s recent speech to Nigerians. We intend to beam these issues for public hearing during our Conference.
- That all Political interest groups mobilizing thugs against Peaceful Nigerian Youths should stop forthwith.
- That no Youth or Youth group should allow enemies of Nigeria to mobilize them for any form of religious, ethnic or politically induced protest.
- That knowing the issues that gave birth to the peaceful protests. We will come with a blue print at the end of the conference which will be Presented to Mr. President for a lasting solution to our problems as young people.
- That with heart full of pains we deeply wish to deposit our unreserved condolences to the families of those who lost their lives during the struggle for a better Nigeria. And for those that sustained various degrees of injuries, we pray and wish all of them quick recovery.
- That the unity of Nigeria is non- negotiable and we urge the Federal Government to be Youths Partners in Progress.
May the souls of those that lost their lives in the struggle for a better Nigeria continue to rest in perfect peace, Amen.
Yours in Nation Building,
Amb. Godstime Chukwubuikem Samuel
National President of ELFON
Hon. Saidu Ahmed .E
National Secretary, ELFON
Hon. Kassim Muhammed Kassim
Chairman, Conference Planning Committee
Amb. Adelabu Adeola Labzy
Secretary, Conference Planning Committee
Comr. Suleiman Muhammad Sarki
Chairman, NANS Coordinators Council
9News Nigeria (Owerri)
For inquiries on this news contact 9News Nigeria Imo state @ 08036856526