BY PRINCELY ONYENWE,IMO
The height of insecurity in Nigeria particularly as it concerns the south east region has posed a serious challenge to the Government of the day.
Recall that amidst the high tempo of INSECURITY IN the zone, the residential house of the governor of Imo state was set on fire over the weekend while Uzodinma was away for his scheduled functions.
The governors of the zone therefore swung into an emergency meeting in Enugu Sunday afternoon in the coal city of Enugu state Nigeria as a rightful position to take landmark and strategic decisions to save the people and secure the zone from futher attack by the so called unknown gunmen and hoodlums.
9News Nigeria gathered that the meeting was purely anchored on South East Peace and Security!
The key decisions are as follow;
- Enforcement of ban on open grazing.
- Sets up South East Peace and reconciliation committee to unite all Igbos while ensuring peace in the south east for everyone.
- Sets up strategy and welfare committee to engage and protect our people, especially those who have been unfairly treated
- Supports restructuring in Nigeria and the setting up of state police
- Condemns attack on the home of Imo State Governor, Distinguished Senator Hope Uzodinma, asks federal government to fish out and prosecute the perpetrators.
The height of insecurity in Nigeria is a posing a great danger and threat to the citizens and something drastic need to be done to douse the tension and not just mere rhetorics and weak strategies. Action is needed as this time to save souls.
9News Nigeria (Owerri)
For inquiries on this news contact 9News Nigeria Imo State @08036856526