President Muhammadu Buhari finally issued and official statement on the chaos that took place at the Presidential Villa last week.
In a press statement signed his Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina and made available to 9News Nigeria, the Presidency allays the fears of Nigerian and said that an investigation has been ordered to look into the security breakdown in the Villa
The press statement reads:
PRESIDENCY STATEMENT ON THE SECURITY INCIDENT IN THE STATE HOUSE ON THURSDAY
The Presidency wishes to acknowledge concerns expressed by several members of the public regarding the recent incident among the occupants of the State House which escalation led to the arrest of some staff by the police.
This is to assure all and everyone that the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Muhammadu Buhari, is not, and was not at anytime in any form of danger arising, either from deadly infections or the reported incident by security personnel which is currently under investigation.
This particular incident happened outside the main residence of the President.
Armed guards and other security personnel assigned to the State House receive the necessary training of especially weapons handling and where they come short, their relevant agencies have their rules and regulations to immediately address them.
Having authorized the proper investigation to be carried out into this unfortunate incident by the Police, the President has acted in compliance with the rule of law.
That a minor occurrence is being used by some critics to justify attacks on the government and the person of President Muhammadu Buhari beggars belief.
In this particular instance, the President says the law should be allowed to take its course.
Senior Special Assistant to the President
(Media & Publicity)
June 14, 2020