By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Monday, Aug 24, 2026
9News Nigeria
  • HOME
  • EDITORIAL
  • POLITICS
  • NATIONAL
  • SPORTS
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • PRIVACY POLICY
9News Nigeria9News Nigeria
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Editorial
    • OPINION
  • Politics
  • National
    • Breaking News
    • Boko Haram
    • Crime and Investigation
    • Ohanaeze Ndigbo
  • Business
    • Nigerian economy
    • Investment
    • Finance
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • Entertainment and lifestyle
    • Hollywood
  • World
    • Africa
    • Asia News
    • Australia
    • Europe
  • About Us
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms And Conditions
    • Contact Us
Follow US
HealthHot NewsPoliticsReligion

Coronavirus: “My Church Will Remain Closed” – Rev. Okotie Rejects Govt Guidelines

Uchenna Mbam
Last updated: June 6, 2020 7:17 am
By Uchenna Mbam
Share
3 Min Read
11673646 images81 jpeg jpeg5c54f4aadfb0f5d29a9adcc8023478ca
SHARE

Chris Okotie, founder of the Household of God Church, has rejected the guidelines issued by the Lagos state government for the reopening of worship centres.

The Lagos state government, on Thursday, announced that religious activities will resume in two weeks.

11673646 images81 jpeg jpeg5c54f4aadfb0f5d29a9adcc8023478ca

While Muslims will return to mosques on June 19, Christian worship would begin on June 21.

Some guidelines were also announced by the state government to facilitate the reopening of worship centres and to curb the spread of COVID-19.

They include the compulsory use of face masks; restriction of people below the age of 15 and above 65 years from services, while gatherings should not exceed one hour.

But in a statement, Okotie rejected the guidelines, saying the “fulfilment of the Bible prophecy” against the church is already being played out and that rearranging the church’s mode of worship is “to deny God the divine prerogative of congregational adoration”

APC Chairman Okpe Takes Delivery of Owerri West Campaign Bus
APC 2027: Uzodinma, Okorocha, Ekwunife Get Key Roles
UBA Employs 374 Young Graduates, Boosts Economy by ₦149m Monthly
Imo Records First Robotic Surgery, Makes Healthcare History

Citing how Dagon, the god of the Philistines, was destroyed in the Bible, he said the coronavirus will be annihilated in like manner.

He, however, said while his church awaits the defeat of the virus, its doors will remain closed until “these profanation and secularization have been pulverized by the Emperor of heaven.”

“Beloved, yesterday, the abomination of desolation took a giant step towards standing in the holy place. Fulfillment of bible prophecy is being accelerated by the forces of Janes and Jambres,” he said.

“To reorder temple worship is to deny God the divine prerogative of congregational adoration and the holy genuflects of the saints in light. Let no man’s heart be troubled by the vengeance of satanic antagonism.

“Dagon the god of the philistines fell in obeisance before the Ark of God. Coronavirus, the god of Secular Humanism will be decapitated in like manner.

“Our doors will remain closed until these profanation and secularization have been pulverized by the Emperor of heaven. Unto him shall the gathering of the people be. To thy tents O Israel.”

The clergyman had earlier criticised the proposed guidelines offered by the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) to the federal government, saying they were “unbiblical”.

According to CAN, the guidelines, in accordance with the government’s efforts to tackle the COVID-19, would determine the operations of churches when they reopen.

Like this:

Like Loading…
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Copy Link
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Surprise0
Angry0
ByUchenna Mbam
Follow:
Uchenna Mbam is a reliable full time Blogger on news media as Editor/Publisher.
Previous Article Yahaya Bello GYB 648x400 Gov. Bello Lifts Lockdown In Kabba Bunu, Insists Kogi State Is COVID-19 Free
Next Article Breaking:Bakassi Youths Protest Alledged Killing Of Their Colleague By NSCDC Personnel In Calabar.
Search
– Advertisement –
Latest News
  • There ought not to be Subsidy in Nigeria — Kenneth Okonkwo August 24, 2026
  • Veteran Nollywood actor Taiwo Hassan Ogogo dies at 66 August 23, 2026
  • Mary Habila laid to rest in Kaduna amid autopsy dispute August 23, 2026
  • No Vacancy In Nigeria’s Presidency Ahead of 2027- Yilwatda August 23, 2026
  • 101-year-old great-grandmother arrested for selling cannabis in Ogun August 23, 2026
  • 2027: 500 Northern Islamic scholars endorse Tinubu for re-election August 23, 2026
  • 36 terrorists sent to afterlife as Air-Force strikes hit two hideouts in Borno August 23, 2026
  • ‘Fake Agency’ Director responds, produces Appointment Letter August 23, 2026
  • APC Chairman Okpe Takes Delivery of Owerri West Campaign Bus August 22, 2026
  • Uzodinma Unveils Campaign Buses, Targets 100% APC Victory in Imo August 22, 2026
– Advertisement –
9News Nigeria
  • Editorial
  • OPINION
  • Inspiration
  • Investigative Reports
  • Featured
  • Interviews
  • About Us
  • Terms And Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
World News
  • Africa
  • African Politics
  • Aviation News
  • Australia
  • Global Economy
  • Europe
  • Global Economy
  • Asia News
  • Middle East
  • World
  • World Politics
  • USA
  • USA Politics
News Categories
  • Breaking News
  • National
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Crime and Investigation
  • Nigeria Police
  • Nigerian Military
  • Biafra
  • ODUDUWA
  • Ohanaeze
  • Boko Haram
  • National Assembly
  • National History
  • Sober House
  • National Security
Entertainment and Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
  • Entertainment and lifestyle
  • Nollywood
  • Lifestyle
  • Hollywood
  • Celebrity
  • Celebrity Gist
  • Celebrity Gossip
  • Events
  • Family & Relationships
  • Relationship Extra
  • Relationships

You May also Like

IMG 5613
ImoNational

Okorocha Sues INEC over Uzodinma’s Candidacy

August 21, 2026
IMG 5608
Nigeria NewsNigeria Politics

Adeleke Presents Certificate of Return to Wike

August 21, 2026
Ogoni Youths Rally: Ogoni leaders and youth call for renewed oil exploration/Source: ChannelsTV
NationalNational Issues

Oil Resumption: MOSOP Assures Ogoni People of a Good Deal

August 19, 2026
Anambra State Governor, Charles Chukwuma Soludo
NationalAnambra

Nigerian in Canada tackles Soludo over abandoned Anambra Polytechnic

August 20, 2026
IMG 5594
NationalNigeria News

2027: Presidential, NASS Campaigns has begun 

August 19, 2026
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu
OPINIONNigeria Politics

Who Can Challenge Tinubu in 2027 ? 

August 19, 2026
Show More
  • More News:
  • Europe News
  • National News
  • Politics
  • 9News Nigeria - Nigeria Breaking News
  • Nigeria Politics
  • Sports
  • Imo state
  • Opinion
  • National Security
  • Events
  • Editorial
  • Inspiration
  • Trending news
  • Bible Messages
  • Religion
  • Jesus Christ the saviour
  • World News
  • The Love of God
  • Crime and Investigation
  • Business

9NEWS NIGERIA

  • Editorial
  • Opinion
  • Inspiration
  • Investigative Reports
  • Featured
  • Interviews
  • About Us
  • Terms And Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

NEWS CATEGORIES

  • Breaking News
  • National
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Crime and Investigation
  • Nigeria Police
  • Nigerian Military
  • Biafra
  • ODUDUWA
  • Ohanaeze
  • Boko Haram
  • National Assembly
  • National History
  • National Security

WORLD NEWS

  • Africa
  • African Politics
  • Aviation News
  • Australia
  • Global Economy
  • Europe
  • Asia News
  • Middle East
  • World
  • World Politics
  • USA
  • USA Politics

ENTERTAINMENT AND LIFESTYLE

  • Entertainment
  • Entertainment and lifestyle
  • Nollywood
  • Lifestyle
  • Hollywood
  • Celebrity
  • Celebrity Gist
  • Celebrity Gossip
  • Events
  • Family & Relationships
  • Relationship Extra
  • Relationships
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?

%d