The federal government has slammed six-month travel ban on 100 defaulting passengers, who failed to comply with the protocol making it mandatory for incoming passengers to subject themselves to post arrival COVID-19 PCR test, seven days after arrival in the country.
The passport numbers of the defaulting passengers were published in an advertorial signed on Saturday by the Chairman Presidential Task Force on COVID-19, Mr Boss Mustapha.
Mustapha said the ban which was based on presidential authority took effect from January 1 and would run through June 30, 2021.
The PTF Chairman said the defaulting passengers had been notified of the decision and would be prevented from travelling out of the country during the period.
The latest move by government followed the threat it issued on December 24 last year to publish the list of the passengers for either failing to have their COVID-19 PCR test after arriving the country or for presenting fake COVID-19 PCR result on arrival.