Few minutes after the declaration of Judgement by an Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Abuja Nigeria, Wednesday, the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Bola Ahmed Tinubu GCFR, at an international investment summit going on in India, secured reasonable investment commitments for the country.
This deal was sealed In the course of the conference, where President Tinubu successfully secured a number of investment commitments from some Indian investors.
Addressing participants at the conference, President Tinubu assured that Nigeria is open for business with enormous opportunities for investors. He also assured them of good government policies that will favour foreign investments.
In his words:
“We are ready to give you the best returns for investment possible, there’s nowhere else like our country. Nigeria offers the best returns for investment today, so invest now.
The new investors include Indorama Petrochemical Limited, Jindal Steel and Power Limited, Bharti Enterprises and Jitender Sachdeva, President of SkipperSeil Limited.
- Indorama Petrochemical Limited announced a commitment of $8 billion in fresh investment for the expansion of its fertilizer production and petrochemical facility located in Eleme, Rivers State.
- Jindal Steel and Power Limited, a prominent Indian private steel manufacturer, has made a substantial commitment of $3 billion for investment in Nigeria’s iron ore and steel sector.
- The Founder and President of SkipperSeil Limited, Mr. Jitender Sachdeva, revealed that he will be directing a substantial investment of $1.6 billion towards the establishment of twenty 100MW power generation plants spread across the Northern states of Nigeria.
This initiative is set to contribute 2,000MW of additional power capacity to the region within the upcoming four years.
- Bharti Enterprises officially declared its dedication to inject an extra $700 million into Nigeria. This investment is poised to commence without delay.
The prominent first-generation Indian corporation is engaged in a wide range of sectors including telecom, space communications, digital solutions, insurance, processed foods, real estate, and hospitality
- The President has given the green light for the completion of a fresh agreement worth $1 billion aimed at achieving a 40% level of self-sufficiency in the local manufacturing and production of defense equipment by 2027 for the Defense Industries Corporation of Nigeria (DICON).
This ambitious goal will be realized through a comprehensive partnership with the Managing Arm of the Military-Industrial Complex of the Indian Government.
- Dr. Bosun Tijani, Nigeria’s Minister of Communication, Innovation, and Digital Economy, and his Indian counterpart from the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, have jointly signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) aimed at collaborating in the sharing of successful digital solutions.
This collaboration will focus on implementing these solutions at a nationwide scale to facilitate comprehensive digital transformation efforts.
Additionally, the minister entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Central Square Foundation to facilitate cooperation in the realm of Sharing Successful Ecosystems.
These initiatives encompass interventions in the field of educational technology and will be executed on a broad scale to drive digital economic transformation.
- Furthermore, Dr. Doris Uzoka-Anite, the Minister of Trade and Investment, signed a third Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) focused on Infrastructure Development.
This agreement brings together the Infrastructure Corporation of Nigeria Limited (InfraCorp) and Invest India, the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency of India.
Invest India plays a pivotal role in assisting investors seeking opportunities and options for investment within India.
INVESTMENT DEALS STRUCK IN INDIA SO FAR:
Indorama Petrochemical Limited has pledged a new investment of $8 billion U.S. dollars in the expansion of its fertilizer production and petrochemical facility in Eleme, Rivers State.
Jindal Steel and Power Limited, one of India’s largest private steel producers, has committed to investing $3 billion in Nigeria’s iron ore and steel sector
Founding President of SkipperSeil Limited, Mr. Jitender Sachdeva announced that, following President Bola Tinubu’s personal intervention, he is investing $1.6 billion U.S. dollars in the establishment of twenty 100MW power generation plants across the states of Northern Nigeria, amounting to 2,000MW of new power within the next four years.
The President also approved finalization on a new $1 billion U.S. dollar agreement to bring the Defense Industries Corporation of Nigeria (DICON) to 40% self-sufficiency in local manufacturing and production of defense equipment in-country by 2027 through a comprehensive new partnership with the Managing Arm of the Miltary-Industrial Complex of the Indian Government.
Bharti Enterprises, which is a major first-generation corporation in India with interests in telecom, space communications, digital solutions, insurance, processed foods, real estate, and hospitality, has expressed its commitment to invest an additional $700 million in Nigeria, with work set to begin immediately.
Nigeria’s Minister of Communication, Innovation and Digital Economy, Dr. Bosun Tijani, and his counterpart from India’s Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for Co-operation in the field of Sharing Successful Digital Solutions, to be implemented at total population scale for digital transformation.
The minister also signed an MoU with Central Square Foundation for Co-operation in the field of Sharing Successful Ecosystems, which involve interventions relating to education technology, to be implemented at population scale for digital economic transformation.
The Trade and Investment Minister, Dr. Doris Uzoka-Anite, also signed a third MoU on Infrastructure Development between the Infrastructure Corporation of Nigeria Limited (InfraCorp) and Invest India, the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency of India, which helps investors looking for investment opportunities and options in India.
-Princely Onyenwe reporting
For inquiries on this news contact 9News Nigeria Imo State @08036856526