No More Space For Repentant Terrorists In Borno, Three Camps Already Filled, Says Gov Zulum

Social sharing

The Borno State governor, Babagana Zulum, has said there is no space to accommodate repentant Boko Haram members again in the state.

The governor said there is currently a challenge of lack of space to accommodate members of Boko Haram who have been surrendering alongside members of their families to troops in the state.

According to PM News Nigeria, Zulum said this while inducing a committee on the repatriation of Borno citizens living in Chad, Niger, and Cameroon on Monday at the Government House, Maiduguri, the state capital.

He noted that all the three camps provided for repentant Boko Haram members had been filled.

He also added that the Federal Government had constituted a similar committee on the repatriation of victims of insurgency taking refuge in neighboring countries.

Zulum further explained that a few months ago, the state secured 15 million Euros as support from Germany and was being managed by United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).

The committee chaired by the state Deputy Governor, Alhaji Umar Kadafur, would also supervise the behavior of the repentant insurgents, particularly how they are to come out of the bushes, their rehabilitation, and reintegration into society.

READ ALSO  2023: Sowore Declares Assets, Challenges Tinubu, Atiku, Obi, Others

Be the first to comment

Leave your comment