By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sunday, Aug 23, 2026
9News Nigeria
  • HOME
  • EDITORIAL
  • POLITICS
  • NATIONAL
  • SPORTS
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • PRIVACY POLICY
9News Nigeria9News Nigeria
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Editorial
    • OPINION
  • Politics
  • National
    • Breaking News
    • Boko Haram
    • Crime and Investigation
    • Ohanaeze Ndigbo
  • Business
    • Nigerian economy
    • Investment
    • Finance
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • Entertainment and lifestyle
    • Hollywood
  • World
    • Africa
    • Asia News
    • Australia
    • Europe
  • About Us
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms And Conditions
    • Contact Us
Follow US
Boko HaramBornoNational SecurityNigerian MilitaryNorth East

SECURITY: Morah booster as Army Chief reposition army and rename operation in Northeast Nigeria

Abubakar Muhammad
Last updated: May 1, 2021 5:03 pm
By Abubakar Muhammad
Share
5 Min Read
IMG 20210419 WA0030
SHARE

Following the recent attacks on communities and military formations by suspected terrorist groups in the Nigerian northeast region, the Chief Of Army Staff (COAS), Maj. General Ibrahim Attahiru has reposion the army and renamed operation meant for fighting insurgency in the region.

It can be recalled that this medium, had reported that about 20 attacks were carried out by the terrorist groups within April alone, killing civilians and security personnel as well as destroying properties worth billions. They also engaged in recruitment process and stealing of weapons and food items during these attacks.

Mohammed Yerima, Director Army Public Relations, who disclosed the renaming of the operation in a statement on Friday, said the new code is in line with the vision of the COAS, of having a Nigerian Army that is Repositioned to Professionally Defeat all Adversaries in a Joint Environment.

”Also affected by the re-designation are the Army Super Camps which now reflect the nomenclature of the formations and units followed by the name of the locations they occupy while sub-units are redesigned as Forward Operating Bases (FOBs) followed by the name of their locations. All these changes are with immediate effect.

”The renaming is in line with the COAS Vision of having “A Nigerian Army that is Repositioned to Professionally Defeat all Adversaries in a Joint Environment”. It is the believe of the COAS that the complete defeat of insurgency is a process that requires the participation of the entire nation using all elements of national power. He further assured that the NA under his leadership will continue to pursue the path of jointness in prosecuting the counterinsurgency war,” Yerima said.

Operation Lafia Dole (OPLD), the former operational slogan for the fight against insurgency in the region is renamed now as Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK).

Troops rescue Victim, Foil Terrorist Attacks in Kaduna, Sokoto
Gov. Buni, Chadian authorities push for reopened waterways and border security
Minister inspects NEDC projects in Maiduguri, says projects will boost trade, education and connectivity
UNIMAID alumni visits varsity, meets VC, officials and students

According to the COAS, the approval of the new code name was premised on the fact that the Nigerian Army has made a lot of progress over the years and is in order to re-align for better efficiency to end the insurgency.

OPLD was launched by the former COAS, Lieutenant Gen. Tukur Buratai on 19 July 2019, which replaces Operation Zaman Lafiya, also founded in 2015.

Similarly, the COAS had on Sunday last week said ‘enough is enough’ when he was reacting on the latest insurgents attack on the military base stationed in Mainok, a village under Konduga local government area of Borno State.

He stated that the Army has been winning the war against the insurgents, and it will only consolidate on these successess for total annihilation of terrorists, adding that they will provide the needed resources to execute the war to a logical conclusion.

Also at 7 division Maimalari Cantonment, in Maiduguri, the capital of the most affected state, Borno, on Thursday, the army chief has engaged battlefield commanders of the various theatre operations in a closed door meeting for hours.

Addressing newsmen after the meeting, the army chief said the essence of his visit is to reassure the troops that President Muhammadu Buhari is aware of their doggedness in battlefield and asure them to provide the needed resources to execute the war to a logical conclusion.

”We have defeated Boko Haram severally, if for one time they came and we loose certain equipment even though we are never defeated, I assure you that we will overcome notwithstanding what ever had happened.

”We will deal with Boko Haram decisively, and we are committed to the focus of the entire operations, which is the total annihilation of Boko Haram from Nigeria,’ the army chief said.

Like this:

Like Loading…
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Copy Link
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Surprise0
Angry0
ByAbubakar Muhammad
Follow:
Abubakar Muhammad Senior Journalist, Editor and Author, Political Analyst, Photo Journalist and International Awardee on Photojournalism, Program Manager, 9News Nigeria North-East Regional Editor/Reporter @9News Nigeria
Previous Article FB IMG 1613471289937 1614876404239 1614876497637 1619876838551 BREAKING: Buhari vows to end insecurity in Nigeria on Tuesday 4th May 2021
Next Article Screenshot 20210501 172434 1619886781136 Bandit leader who abducted 300 student in Kankara, killed after given amnesty
Search
– Advertisement –
Latest News
  • APC Chairman Okpe Takes Delivery of Owerri West Campaign Bus August 22, 2026
  • Uzodinma Unveils Campaign Buses, Targets 100% APC Victory in Imo August 22, 2026
  • MacDonald Congratulates Uzodinma on Tinubu Campaign Appointment August 22, 2026
  • APC 2027: Uzodinma, Okorocha, Ekwunife Get Key Roles August 22, 2026
  • I won’t risk losing Rivers, FCT for APC Campaign DG job – Wike August 22, 2026
  • I will not take Salary or Allowance — Minister’s Son Osborn Umahi Wins Council Election August 22, 2026
  • Gunmen Attack Rivers Monarch, Allege Assassination Attempt on Amadabo of Finima August 22, 2026
  • Troops rescue Victim, Foil Terrorist Attacks in Kaduna, Sokoto August 22, 2026
  • Germany commits N16bn as Borno launches new N99bn UN peacebuilding fund for 2 years August 22, 2026
  • Borno shifts from aid to investment as Zulum pitches state as North-East economic hub August 22, 2026
– Advertisement –
9News Nigeria
  • Editorial
  • OPINION
  • Inspiration
  • Investigative Reports
  • Featured
  • Interviews
  • About Us
  • Terms And Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
World News
  • Africa
  • African Politics
  • Aviation News
  • Australia
  • Global Economy
  • Europe
  • Global Economy
  • Asia News
  • Middle East
  • World
  • World Politics
  • USA
  • USA Politics
News Categories
  • Breaking News
  • National
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Crime and Investigation
  • Nigeria Police
  • Nigerian Military
  • Biafra
  • ODUDUWA
  • Ohanaeze
  • Boko Haram
  • National Assembly
  • National History
  • Sober House
  • National Security
Entertainment and Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
  • Entertainment and lifestyle
  • Nollywood
  • Lifestyle
  • Hollywood
  • Celebrity
  • Celebrity Gist
  • Celebrity Gossip
  • Events
  • Family & Relationships
  • Relationship Extra
  • Relationships

You May also Like

file 00000000b63081f487adbb8bf2217f8f
National Security

First Female AIG Takes Charge of Police Zone 8, Warns Criminals

August 3, 2026
IMG 5412
Nigeria NewsNational

EXCLUSIVE: How Bishops told Tinubu Nigeria is ‘Bleeding’, Why President Disagreed

August 3, 2026
Catholic Bishops Meeting with Tinubu
Trending NewsNational

Catholic bishops gave Tinubu the hard truth others may not have — Onaiyekan

August 2, 2026
IMG 5212
WorldNational

ANALYSIS: How Nigeria Won a Key Diplomatic Battle Against the ‘Christian Genocide’ Narrative

July 23, 2026
IMG 5214
Nigeria NewsInsecurity

Many were Recruited against their will — Daniel Bwala on Reintegration of Repentant Terrorists

July 23, 2026
IMG 5198
NationalLatest News

No Resignation by Defence Minister Christopher Musa, Office clarifies

July 21, 2026
Show More
  • More News:
  • Europe News
  • National News
  • Politics
  • 9News Nigeria - Nigeria Breaking News
  • Nigeria Politics
  • Sports
  • Imo state
  • Opinion
  • National Security
  • Events
  • Editorial
  • Inspiration
  • Trending news
  • Bible Messages
  • Religion
  • Jesus Christ the saviour
  • World News
  • The Love of God
  • Crime and Investigation
  • Business

9NEWS NIGERIA

  • Editorial
  • Opinion
  • Inspiration
  • Investigative Reports
  • Featured
  • Interviews
  • About Us
  • Terms And Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

NEWS CATEGORIES

  • Breaking News
  • National
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Crime and Investigation
  • Nigeria Police
  • Nigerian Military
  • Biafra
  • ODUDUWA
  • Ohanaeze
  • Boko Haram
  • National Assembly
  • National History
  • National Security

WORLD NEWS

  • Africa
  • African Politics
  • Aviation News
  • Australia
  • Global Economy
  • Europe
  • Asia News
  • Middle East
  • World
  • World Politics
  • USA
  • USA Politics

ENTERTAINMENT AND LIFESTYLE

  • Entertainment
  • Entertainment and lifestyle
  • Nollywood
  • Lifestyle
  • Hollywood
  • Celebrity
  • Celebrity Gist
  • Celebrity Gossip
  • Events
  • Family & Relationships
  • Relationship Extra
  • Relationships
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?

%d