The White House communications director Mike Dubke has resigned without explanation only three months after being hired by Donald Trump.
Dubke’s departure is the first of what could be a series of changes to the President’s senior staff amid the growing Russia scandal.
He was drafted in to revamp the White House media strategy after a disastrous start for Trump when a day after his inauguration his press team become embroiled in a row over crowd sizes.
Dubke, an experienced Republican strategist, resigned on May 18 but his decision was kept quiet until Trump returned from his foreign trip abroad last week.
A source told the Mirror: “It doesn’t take a genius to figure out why Mike wanted out.
“Trump’s communication team is in complete disarray.
“They have often been found be lying or putting out statements that contradict the facts.
“The worse thing is when they say one thing and then Trump throws his entire press team under the bus by saying the opposite.
“Some major news channels in the US refuse to have them on as they are not trusted anymore.
“Careers are being left irrevocably damaged and Mike got out while his was still intact.”
The reshuffle follows reports of chaos in the White House communications team.
Trump’s press team have been left humiliated in recent weeks following the firing of FBI director James Comey .
Immediately after the sacking, his aides said the decision was made by the deputy attorney general only for the President to say it was solely his decision a day later.
As part of the shake-up, White House press secretary Sean Spicer will reportedly hold on to his position, but there will be fewer media briefings.
Source – Forbes