In summary all indigenous nations of Nigeria must:
- Agree that Decree 24 of 1999 is the cancer killing the ethnic nations/peoples of Nigeria. This is the problem.
- Reject Decree 24 of 1999 falsely called “Constitution 1999”.
- Forthwith withdraw from, boycott, and stop participation in all Decree 24 processes and institutions in Unitary One Nigeria.
- Pursue universal free and fair Referendum in all ethnic nations/peoples of Nigeria to determine their future and the future of Nigeria.
- Advance and agree New Peoples Constitutions/Instruments that reflect the Will and wishes of each of the ethnic nations/peoples of Nigeria attained through Referendum.
- Mobilise all ethnic nations/peoples to achieve all the above.
- Put measures in place to deal with and contain collaborators, traitors, and saboteurs within their nations.
- Put measures in place to resist a Fulani Caliphate military coup.
- Consistently maintain joint-self defence against Fulani Herdsmen Terrorism, Boko Haram/ISWAP and their allies in the Nigerian Armed Forces and Security Services.
If indigenous nations of Nigeria are to survive, progress and prosper into the future as all other free self-determining nations of the World, they must agree on one key universal problem that confronts each and every one of them in Unitary One Nigeria; agree on one solution and one action plan for all. The alternative is to remain colonies of the Fulani Caliphate in perpetuity.
WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?
All indigenous nations of Nigeria have lost their SELF-DETERMINATION to the Fulani Caliphate (Core Northern Nigeria or simply, the 12 Sharia States that control the former Northern Region). We call the problem Fulani Caliphate Colonialism, but because there are some Nigerians who may disagree with our characterisation of the problem, we may simply describe the problem as LOSS OF SELF-DETERNATION of the indigenous nations/peoples of Nigeria.
WHAT IS SELF-DETERMINATION?
For simplicity, self-determination is “the determining by the people of the form their government shall have, without reference to the wishes of any other nation, especially by people of a territory or former colony” [ https://www.dictionary.com/browse/self-determination ] and in this case, the right of each and every nation/tribe/peoples of Nigeria to govern themselves, make their own laws and take control over their own affairs in accordance with their own wishes as a nation/tribe/people.
WHAT FORMS DOES SELF-DETERMINATION TAKE?
There are two clear forms of self-determination being: (a) AUTHONOMY within one country with others or (b) INDEPENDENCE as a separate country. Every indigenous nation of Unitary One Nigeria has lost their self-determination in either form to the Fulani Caliphate because they have all become colonies of the Caliphate.
HOW OR BY WHAT MEANS/INSTRUMENT HAVE ALL INDIGENOUS NATIONS/PEOPLES OF NIGERIA LOST THEIR SELF-DETERMINATION?
The singular means, instrument or tool that took away the self-determination of all indigenous nations of Nigeria is DECREE 24 OF 1999 (aka “CONSTITUTION 1999) by virtue of the STRUCTURES (States & LGAs, composition of the National Assembly and the Judiciary/Judicature structure), SYSTEMS, INSTITUTIONS, GOVERNING PRINCIPLES (Quota, Federal Character, Sharia slant and others), PROVISIONS (its Exclusive and Concurrent Exercise of Power Lists etc) and DERIVATIVE DECREES, ACTS AND LEGISLATION MADE FROM IT (Petroleum, Resources, Land Use, Electoral, Census, Civil Service, Defence, Policing and other Decrees, Acts and Regulations deriving power from Decree 24). All of these taken together in their entirety produce one simple effect of reducing all indigenous nations of Unitary One Nigeria to mere colonies of the Fulani Caliphate. They all lost their right to self-determination because Decree 24 hardly permits them to do anything for themselves and their peoples! They can hardly make laws or enforce them for themselves in nearly all areas of human endeavour nor can they plan and undertake development of their lands, peoples, cultures, or way of life. They cannot independently determine or chose how they are governed or who governs them. They cannot even police their own communities and their indigenous government, political and law and other institutions have been replaced with imposed Fulani Caliphate Colonist structures. Decree 24 was unilaterally imposed on all indigenous nations of Nigeria by Northern Nigeria military officers (Fulani Caliphate troops) by military coup, forceful occupation, war making and by conquest! Hence Unitary One Nigeria equates to illegitimate FULANI CALIPHATE COLONIALISM. If British rule by Royal Decree pre 1960 is British Colonialism then surely without question, Fulani Caliphate rule by Military Decree (Decree 24 of 1999) is Fulani Caliphate Colonialism.
WHAT DO EACH INDEGINOUS NATIONS OF NIGERIA WANT NOW?
Every indigenous nation/peoples of Nigeria wants SELF DETERMINATION, which is a basic right of all humans and all nations/ethnic groups/peoples in both Customary and Treaty International Law of nations. There is no nation/people/ethnic group in Nigeria that wishes to be ruled and colonised by another. The demand for self-determination is one common unifying national interest of all indigenous nations and peoples of Nigeria. Every nation wants freedom for itself and its people!
WHAT IS THE SINGULAR SOLUTION OR PATHWAY TO SELF-DETERMINATION FOR ALL INDIGENOUS NATIONS/PEOPLES OF UNITARY ONE NIGERIA?
REJECT, REPUDIATE, REMOVE OR DISMANTLE DECREE 24 OF 1999 AND REPLACE IT WITH NEW INSTRUMENTS/CONSTITUTIONS OF THE TYPE OF SELF-DETERMINATION THAT EACH INDIGENOUS NATION/PEOPLE FREELY CHOSES THROUGH A FREE AND FAIR REFERENDUM CONDUCTED/SUPERVISED BY THE UNITED NATIONS IN EACH AND EVERY INDIGENOUS NATION/ETHNIC GROUP IN THE TERRITORY OF UNITARY ONE NIGERIA.
WHAT IS THE ONE UNIFYING THEME FOR ALL ETHNIC NATIONS/PEOPLES OF NIGERIA? One single unifying theme for all is SELF-DETERMINATION. To avoid divisions or divisiveness, we use the term self-determination as a unifying theme. It must be recognised that there may be nations/peoples/ethnic groups that may wish to remain in Nigeria as a country but with grant of autonomy for their nation/people. These nations/peoples should be free to do so as it is their right. However, there are many other nations/peoples/ethnic groups that may wish to become Independent Nations either on their own (Oduduwa for Yoruba is an example) or in collection with other nations/peoples (Biafra Confederation is an example for the Igbo and some other nations of Eastern and Mid-Western Nigeria and others). It is also the right of these nations/peoples who are equally free to exercise the Will of their nations/peoples. Therefore whether any nation/people/ethnic group of Nigeria wishes to remain as part of Nigeria or to become an independent nation, the common unifying theme for all is to REJECT DECREE 24 OF 1999, STOP PARTICIPATION IN DECREE 24 PROCESSES and INSTITUTIONS, get rid of DECREE 24, replace it with A NEW PEOPLES INSTRUMENT OR CONSTITUTION that restores their SELF-DETERMINATION, weather as part of Nigeria or as an Independent Nation, achieved through UNIFERSAL FREE & FAIR REFERENDUM in each and every nation/people/ethnic group in Unitary One Nigeria.
WHAT PLAN OF ACTION SHOULD ALL INDIGENOUS NATIONS/PEOPLES OF NIGERIA PUT IN PLACE TO ACTUALISE THEIR WISH FOR SELF-DETERMINATION?
- ALL INDEGENOUS NATIONS/PEOPLES/ETHNIC GROUPS IN NIGERIA MUST REJECT DECREE 24 OF 1999 AND DECLARE SO PUBLICLY.
- ALL INDEGINOUS NATIONS OF NIGERIA and their political and other leaders MUST BYCOTT AND STOP PARTICIPATION FORTHWITH in all DECREE 24 processes (No more Elections at any level in Nigeria, withdraw from Senate and House of Assembly, resign as Ministers, withdraw all senior staff from Unitary One Nigeria institutions etc) and demand REFERENDUM to determine the future of Nigeria and all its ethnic nations.
- All indigenous nations must join hands with each other to mobilise each of their respective nations and peoples for a REFERENDUM on the type of SELF-DETERMINATION THEIR NATIONS/PEOPLES WANT, INCLUDING WITH WHOM OR NATION OR ETHNIC NATIONS THEY WISH TO FORM A COUNTRY and what type of Country they want.
- All indigenous nations of Nigeria must DEMAND UNITED NATIONS CONDUCTED/SUPERVISED REFERENDUM across each nation/people/ethnic group of Nigeria.
- All citizens of the indigenous nations of Nigeria must then do all things necessary to realise SELFDETERMINATION FOR THEIR RESPECTIVE NATIONS/PEOPLES and others in Nigeria, including mounting the public campaign to achieve the same and lobbying all governments Worldwide, EU, AU, and the United Nations.
- Where some known credible organisations are already far advanced in their efforts that are consistent with the goal of Self-Determination (such as IPOB for example and any others), all and sundry should tap into them and complement that effort to progress them further.
- IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO REJECT DECREE 24 AND STOP PARTICIPATION IN ITS PROCESSES AND INSTITUTIONS FORTHWITH. This will DEMONSTRATE AND ASSERT THE WILL AND SELF-DETERMINATION OF COLONISED INDIGENOUS NATIONS OF NIGERIA. YOU CANNOT ASSERT SELF-DETERMINATION by accepting Colonialism through your participation in it.
- Arising from the above is that:
- – ALL INDIGENOUS NATIONS AND PEOPLES OF NIGERIA MUST DEVICE MEANS TO DEAL WITH THEIR OWN LOCAL COLLABORATORS, TRAITORS AND SABOTUERS who will insist on continuing to be Governors, Senators, Members of House, Ministers and in other elective or appointed political positions under DECREE 24. Indigenous Nigerian nations MUST FIND A WAY TO STOP THE TRAITORS within them from subverting the WILL of their respective nations/peoples.
- – INDIGENOUS NATIONS AND PEOPLES OF NIGERIA MUST DEVISE A MEANS TO RESIST A MILLITARY COUP. From the 1950s onwards when Sir Ahmadu Bello plotted the Jihad which resulted in the present day DECREE 24 of 1999, the Fulani Caliphate ensured Northern Domination of the Nigerian Armed Forces (then it was largely the men of the armed forces that they dominated). That domination of the Armed Forces and Security Services by the Fulani Caliphate is today most pervasive thanks to a steady consistent implementation of DECREE 24 for more than two decades. Military Coup is the last card or last resort of the Fulani Caliphate to ensure its continued COLONISATION of the indigenous nations of Nigeria. The Caliphate will unleash the Armed Forces and Security Services to take over government at any point it senses total loss of control was imminent. There will be a coup at the height of rejection and boycott of DECREE 24! It is not a matter of if. It is 100% guaranteed. Therefore, there must be a plan for massive all out resistance against the Armed Forces when the coup happens! Besides, you are all aware that the Nigerian Armed Forces and Security Services have become integrated with Boko Haram, ISWAP, and Fulani Herdsmen Terrorist militia/Forces since Buhari and Buratai have been in charge. Hence a military coup by Nigerian Armed Forces will be tantamount to direct total takeover of power by a coalition of Boko Haram, ISWAP, Fulani Herdsmen Terrorist and extremist Jihadist elements of the Nigerian Armed Forces and Security Services. Such a military coup will almost certainly declare Sharia Law all over Nigeria in the guise of Martial Law or a State of Emergency. The Middle Belt that once held sway in the Nigeria Armed Forces and Security Services, have long been decimated and sidelined by the Fulani Caliphate as part of the ongoing Fulani Jihad.
In summary, explain why Unitary One Nigeria is an illegitimate colony of the Fulani Caliphate and how can it be said that all indigenous nations of Nigeria are colonies of the Fulani Caliphate?
- The Fulani are not indigenous to the territories described as Nigeria. The Fulani came to the Northern parts of Nigeria (Sokoto) as foreign settlers and befriended their Hausa hosts who accommodated them. The Fulani then executed a Jihad that took over government in their host territories. The Hausa and other kingdoms of Northern Nigeria became colonies of the Fulani Caliphate following the Othman Dan Fodio Fulani Islamic Jihad of 1804 and onwards.
- The British ceded the Middle Belt of Nigeria to the Fulani Caliphate when they created the Northern Protectorate and made the Middle Belt part of Northern Nigeria. Hence the Middle Belt became colonies of the Fulani Caliphate by Royal Decree well before 1914 and have ever since remained colonies of the Caliphate. In effect, the Middle Belt have never been Independent since that British act of treachery and even though Nigeria gained “Independence” from Britain in 1960, the Middle Belt remained a colony of the Fulani Caliphate till date.
- Western Nigeria became a colony of the Fulani Caliphate shortly after the assassination of Colonel Fajuyi and Major General Ironsi on 29 July 1966. During the period following that Jihad termed ‘counter coup” and up to 27 May 1967 when Gowon ABOLISHED THE FOUR REGIONS and created the first 12 States of Unitary One Nigeria, Gowon and his Federal Military Government, Adebayo (Governor of Western Region), Ojukwu (Governor of Eastern Region), Katsina (Governor of Northern Region) and Ejoor (Governor of Mid-West Region) had agreed that all military troops and Police personnel must return to their Regions of origin. They recognised and agreed that as Western Nigeria was too short of troops in the Nigerian Armed Forces; Gowon’s Federal Military Government was to immediately implement an emergency crash military training program for only Yoruba citizens to build up the numbers of troops needed to protect Western Nigeria. Whereas the “go back to your Region” agreement was implemented in the other regions, Gowon and his Fulani Caliphate Masters instead rushed more Northern Nigeria troops into Western Nigeria. In the result, Western Nigeria was overrun by Northern troops between late 1966 and first quarter of 1967. Western Nigerian political and military leaders including Pa Awolowo, Adebayo (the Governor who was always a loyal collaborator of the Caliphate), Obasanjo (who took a long time to be persuaded) and others, capitulated and submitted to Fulani Caliphate rule. Western Nigeria did not and could not fire a single shot in self-defence. Till date the capitulation Treaty agreed by Yoruba Leaders and the Fulani Caliphate has remained a well-kept classified secrete. Hence, Pa Awolowo and the Yoruba nation did not just collaborate with Northern Nigeria in 1967 because they wanted to, they had no choice because Yorubaland had been overrun and captured by Northern Nigeria troops as part of the Fulani Jihad at the time. Hence with Western Nigeria recolonised, Gowon confidently abolished the four regions and created the first 12 States of Unitary One Nigeria in his Decree 14 of 27 May 1967. Three days after on 30 May 1967, Ojukwu declared Eastern Nigeria an Independent Republic of Biafra. The Biafra- Nigeria war followed.
- Mid-West Region was secured by their indigenous troops that had returned following the go back to your Region agreement. Through a chain of events, including affinity to and with Eastern Nigeria/Biafra, Mid-West Nigeria declared itself the Republic of Benin. The Region/New Republic was defeated in war by conquest and thereby recolonised by the Fulani Caliphate (1968?).
- The Republic of Biafra/Eastern Nigeria was defeated in war by conquest on 12 January 1970 and officially recolonised by the Fulani Caliphate on 15 January 1970.
- Following the occupation treaty with Western Nigeria (1967), conquest of Mid-Midwest (1968?) and conquest of Biafra/Eastern Nigeria (1970), Northern Nigeria (Fulani Caliphate) RECOLONISED ALL THE INDIGENOUS NATIONS/PEOPLES of Nigeria.
- Since 1970 the various Fulani Caliphate Controlled Supreme Military Councils imposed one Decree after the other, the chief of which is DECREE 24 OF 1999 that RULES NIGERIA presently, along with other Decrees and Acts detailed earlier. Acts passed by the National Assembly (Senate and House of Representatives) since 1999 to date, are mere extensions of the colonist regime in Decree 24 because the structures and makeup of the National Assembly as decreed in Decree 24, guarantee that only laws that protect the best colonist interests of the Fulani Caliphate are passed by the Northern Nigeria majority in the Legislature. There is therefore no possibility or means of making any successful progressive change or reform of Fulani Caliphate Colonialism through the process of law making in the National Assembly. The taunted so-called Restructuring of Nigeria through a review of Decree 24 (“Constitution” review) becomes a scam that makes no real or substantial change to the regime of illegitimate Fulani Caliphate Colonialism in Nigeria.
- The way the British ruled by Royal Decree, is exactly the way the Fulani Caliphate is ruling over Nigeria by Military Decree. No indigenous nation or people of Nigeria made any input in Decree 24 nor were they consulted. The Decree took away their self-determination the same way British Royal Decrees did prior to 1960.
- As described earlier, the structures, system, processes and institutions created by Decree 24 of 1999 are such that all indigenous nations of Nigeria are robbed of their rights to do things for themselves and their peoples/nations (loss of self-determination), which rights most other progressing and developed nations on earth enjoy, and which rights are guaranteed in International Customary and Treaty Laws.
Engr Barr Nnamdi Elekwachi.